Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Heim Joint Lubrication

Post Thanks / Like

Heim Joint Lubrication

I was trolling the HAMB (Jalopy Journal) forum today, and came across this interesting thread about heim joint lubrication.
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...cation.559699/

Now I am pretty sure the heim's we get from FFR, for the 3 link suspension, etc., are not Teflon lined ones. I'm not sure about the factory ones on the Koni coil-over shocks though? I see the optional seals available for heim joints is mentioned, as a good idea, but then that is countered by another, who claims that the seals can also trap moisture in the joint.
    I don't know if there is a 100% right way or a wrong product, but the people posting sure appear to use a wide spectrum of lubricant's, from dry graphite, Never-Seize to simple WD-40..

So what product and method do you use?
    FFR6803RD, MK 3.1, 302 EFI, fr/rr disc brakes, WC-T5, c/w Hurst Competition Plus shifter, 3 link rear, Koni adjustable coil over shocks, dual roll bars, BBK 4-4 headers, 3.55 rear gears, BBK rear lower control arms c/w poly bushings. Ivy Green Metallic Arrived-02/08, On road 09/2010

Post Thanks / Like
    I would suggest something that dries after application. Oily will hold grit. Check on some bicycle chain lube. It has a liquid carrier that dries after the teflon particles migrate between the mating surfaces.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.