BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: WIDEBODY 71 Fastback Stang.

Post Thanks / Like

WIDEBODY 71 Fastback Stang.

Hi all. This is a project I started end of 2013. I bought the car with the intention of doing up a one of a kind restomod. It came to me April of '13 as a Mach 1 clone which I then lowered and blacked out the rims on. I drove it for the summer while I was planning my attack on it come winter season. It might have been done by now but the Cobra took over this past year and now that it's done, the 71 has back my full attention. These pics should explain the rest. Car I drive for the summer and what I did to it come that December.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I made the cage and skinned it. Then body work goes over that and primed as if it were the finished product. Then off to my friends shop where he took molds off every mod I did to the body. Then those got water sanded and readied to make the first parts. At that point all the cage and build up comes off the car and trashed so the part can go into place.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Featured in Musrang Monthly Mag. as a work in progress under the title Radical Widebody 71 Ford Mustang. Trying to get it done so they can do the follow up article. Something for my kids to have as a memory of times spent helping me on it. Still plenty of memories to make and boat loads of work to be done on it. The whole build is on 7173 mustang forum if there's any further curiosity. I'm in the throws of completing the custom tail lights and rear panel and finishing a workable buck for the rear glass to be formed into louvers. Thanks for the time you've taken to view this.
    Last edited by Angelo; 05-15-2017 at 09:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is some really impressive work Angelo! Thanks for sharing!!
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan

5. Likes dallas_ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, that girl has some hips now! Good work.