Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Heater flow direction

Post Thanks / Like

Heater flow direction

I'm not 100% sure, so I'll just have to ask to confirm:

When plumbing the heater/defroster (to my BPE 347):

Right outlet on heater (closest to center of car) connects to water pump, with the control valve inline
    Left outlet on heater (towards PS of car) connects to intake manifold

Is that correct?

Secondly, is the water pump pushing or pulling coolant through the heater system? Newbie just trying to understand.

Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Flows intake manifold to heater then returns to water pump. Usually plumbed into drivers side and out PS of heater core but not sure it matters.
    2017 FFR MK4 9026, 3 Link, 15" FFR halibrands, cooper cobra tires, '88 302/5.0, GT40 Y303 heads, Performer RPM intake Manifold, Holley 650 DP Carb, Pertronix distributor, T5Z spec built transmission, 3.73 rear end. Ordered Nov 2016, picked up at FFR Feb 2017, first start July 2017, Legal on the road May 2018, still in Gelcoat.

3. Thanks IowaBen thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murd View Post
    Flows intake manifold to heater then returns to water pump. Usually plumbed into drivers side and out PS of heater core but not sure it matters.
    That's how mine is plumbed. Intake, to shutoff valve, in DS, out PS, to water pump.
    If Brute Force doesn't work, you're not using enough of it.
    Basic Stuff: MK4 Complete Kit #8439, Wilwood's, 17" Halibrands. Extra Stuff: Stainless brake and fuel lines, Breeze cooling, Battery mount, SS Roll Bar. Old Fart Stuff: Heater, Seat Heaters, Footbox Fresh Air, Stereo, Keyless ignition, Power Steering, Hyd Clutch.
    Young & Dumb Stuff: 427w Dart, TKO600, 3 link Moser M9/Ford 9", 3.5:1, Eaton TruTrac Posi. Graduation Thread

5. Thanks IowaBen thanked for this post