So I have debated on starting up a build thread, especially since I am still a ways off from ordering my kit. However, I have started working on some of the required pieces and felt it would be a more complete build log if I started posting things while they are fresh.

The 818 ticked off all the right boxes for me - especially the use of the EJ and 5 speed. This would allow me to bail on the project and still get use from those - as I already own a GR hatchback. I've elected to forego a donor car and source parts as needed.

First up was a set of D25 heads - I originally intended to run these as is. They are now out being ported, polished and having GSC S1 cams, supertech valves and springs... I'll get some pictures of these when they return.

With the heads sorted - I needed a short block to work with. My intention was to go with an IAG block, then that turned into an IAG closed deck... then my tuner let slip he was going in another direction with his track toy and had an IAG Stage 4 plus with all the extra oiling goodness already done. Block was installed and the dry sump spun but it was never run. Well darn - found my shortblock. Again, pictures once it arrives at the shop.

Transmission wise - I am going to try out the 5 speed. Now I know they are weak... blah blah. I've put 20k mine with 400whp/400wtq and not had any issues... so I think it'll be ok. I lucked out when another local GR owner did a 6 speed swap. I know how he treats his stuff, so I know this transmission is solid. It is sitting over at my shop (Six Star Performance Fabrication) along with a Quaife LSD, the included ACT clutch and some Moore Performance blast plates. This will absolutely get Mechie3's Bell Crank Shifter, as I have already sourced myself the MR2 shifter and frankly, that is just a beautiful looking piece.

Hard parts have been set aside for me for the Moore Performance Mothership - this will take care of my intake manifold, fuel rails and *hopefully* my intercooler needs.

Intercooler needs? Yep, I have a Borg Warner s256 TS that is going to be used - Six Star is going to be welding up the exhaust system... but that will have to come later, it'll be sweet - promise .

Earlier today I sourced my 06 ECU/Immobilizer/Ignition - I elected to go with the 06 because I want to use Cobb's flex fuel... I have it in my GR and I love it. I'm going to be building my own harness, but that is tabled for now, without the kit for layout purposes I don't know how much wire to order.

I'll try to stop being lazy and get some pictures posted up here in the near future- because who doesn't like pictures!