Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Nor Cal shipping?

Post Thanks / Like

Nor Cal shipping?

Went to the FFV open house last week. Met Dave, great guy. Getting ready to place my Roadster order. Has anyone had a (complete) kit shipped out here (Sacramento) recently? If so, how much did you have to pay? Any unpublished deals or discounts from Stewart? Thx.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had my complete kit 289 FIA Roadster delivered by Stewart to Petaluma, CA about a month ago and, while I do not remember exactly, it was between $1500 and $2000. I will say Stewart did an expert job on the delivery to my home which is not in the easiest delivery location. Very satisfied.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, that gives me an idea of what to expect and budget for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Brien
    I was under the impression you were going to start your build next year (per your text to me). Sounds like you're gonna start before me. Remember I live in Elk Grove and can lend a helping hand.
    Eddie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Eddie,
    Yea, I got a great deal on a BluePrint 427 at the FFV open house, but what good is an engine without a car to put it in? Placed the order last week, should be here middle of June. Got a ton of stuff to do to prepair for the deliveries! If anyone cares Stewart is charging $1700 for delivery to Placerville.
    Brien

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Brien
    Thanks for providing info on Stewart for delivery. Ill budget that price; there shouldnt be much difference in price to deliver to Elk Grove.
    Im gonna PM you with my contact information

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    In 2001, Stewart delivered to Madera CA (north of Fresno) for about $1400. So if the cost has only gone up a few hundred....it's still a deal.

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BB767 View Post
    Hi Eddie,
    Yea, I got a great deal on a BluePrint 427 at the FFV open house, but what good is an engine without a car to put it in? Placed the order last week, should be here middle of June. Got a ton of stuff to do to prepair for the deliveries! If anyone cares Stewart is charging $1700 for delivery to Placerville.
    Brien
    Brien - how is your build going? I am in Colusa and I am strongly considering an Mk4 with a 427. I have virtually zero experience with this type of thing but like a good challenge

I am sure there is a good NorCal network that can help if the going gets tough?

Post Thanks / Like
    Posted a PM.
    MK4 - complete kit - Blueprint 427W - Holly Sniper EFI - TKO 600 .64 - 3.55 3 link - 17" Halibrands

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wineguy View Post
    Brien - how is your build going? I am in Colusa and I am strongly considering an Mk4 with a 427. I have virtually zero experience with this type of thing but like a good challenge

I am sure there is a good NorCal network that can help if the going gets tough?
    I am making slow (OK, very slow) progress on my roadster in the bay area. You are more than welcome to swing by and get a feel for the project. I may even put you to work
    MKIV complete kit #8523, IRS, Coyote Engine, TKO 600, 3.55 rear end, PS, and a whole lot more! Graduated in May 2021.