Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Looking for Painter in the New England Area

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Looking for Painter in the New England Area

Trying to get an MK4 painted with show-level quality in the New England area. I'm in New Hampshire and I've been calling and researching for about 2 weeks now with no luck. Many people have given me their advice on places not to go as opposed to places to check out! I'd love to hear where anyone has had some luck. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Metal Morphous

Post Thanks / Like
    put your seatbelt on when getting prices!!!! I went with 290 Auto Body out of Worcester....Ron Everett (RE63) uses them too. Also heard good things about Prestige in Manchester NH. Very happy with the work BUT if I was to do it again I would without a doubt trailer it to Jeff Kleiner in Indiana.

Post Thanks / Like
    JDR vintage Automotive in falls river mass has been great to me thus far.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would suggest you shop around. There is Dartmouth Collision. (MA), Carl's Autobody (MA), 290 Auto Body (MA) as already mentioned, Metal Morpheous (CT), Restoration Station (NH) are some.

Personally if I had to do over again I would ship mine to Jeff Kleiner as well.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would have to strongly agree with Kyle. While the first impression you get of a newly painted car, will leave you mesmerized, it will take you a number of days to truly inspect the entire car. PM me and I will provide a detailed list of items you need to keep in mind when selecting a paint shop. It only takes a couple of hours to actually spray the base/clear coats. It is all in the prep and careful attention to things like color sanding and buffing.

Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, my car was painted by Scott at Street Rod Creations in Pawcatuck CT. and I also have the Best Paint Trophy from Factory Five at this years Open House so that should tell you he does an excellent job.

BigUgly
    FFR 6760 Mk 3.1 Fortes Dart 427 TKO 600 3.55 3 Link Solid Axle

Post Thanks / Like
    Connecticut Custom Cat in Enfield, CT www.conncustomcar.com
    They routinely do F5 and ERA body and paint work to show quality.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dartmouth is no longer doing them. Carls Collision does a great job, but just too expensive. Give Jennings autobody in Fall River a call. (508) 675-7335 They painted 2 Cobras for me. Excellent work and fast turnaround.
    Also try Mike Williams. He has painted several cars for me an they have been perfect. 508-216-3957 He works out of Mansfield ma.
    Mike