Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FFR 8551 has landed

Post Thanks / Like

FFR 8551 has landed

My 289 kit arrived safely today. Excellent service by Jerry from Stewart Transport. I spent all day going through the inventory and all is accounted for except the carpet kit and radiator. I received pin-drive width lower control arms, but i wanted standard width so I'll need to swap those out. Wow, the complete kit is very complete!

I'm excited to jump in!

day1.jpgday1delivery.jpg
    Last edited by Bguetter; 06-26-2017 at 08:55 AM.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I've heard of "Christmas In July" but in your case it came a few days early.

Congratulation!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! I got really lucky. I called factory five last week to talk about 289 kit options about a "future" order thinking i was still a few months away from placing an order. Tony let me know that they had someone cancel an order and had a 289 kit ready to go and could be on a Stewart truck the next day. I pulled the trigger and a little over a week later, the 289 is in my garage. Lol Talk about instant gratification!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! Now get busy on that build thread so we can watch!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! Enjoy the ride!
    JRL16
    Mk4 delivered 4/28/16. First start 10/15/16. First gocart 11/10/16. Engine Factory 427W. 750 carb. Tremec TKO600. 2015 IRS. Power steering. Whitby power brakes. Wilwood brakes. 18" wheels. Falken tires. Sway bars front and rear. Forte hydraulic clutch and mechanical throttle linkage. Scott's Hot Rods triple reservoir. Ceramic coated headers. Gas’n sidepipes. Heated seats. Herb Fraser walnut door panels. Wipers. Console.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice! Make sure to post up as you build. Really like the 289.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm picking up my 289 kit on September 11th, and about 3 weeks ago I picked up that same banner. My used 2015 IRSwas delivered Thursday, and my scissor lift is being delivered Tuesday. Things are coming together.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm shooting at picking mine up sometime in September after I return from my year pilgrimage to Stuttgart, Germany enjoying their beer festival. I've collected pretty much all my parts already but I have to keep reminding myself that this is a New England winter project for me!