Had a great weekend and got some things completed.

First as I posted above I figured out the connecting rod issue. After that was done I was able to get the heads on.

So on Saturday I was able to get the new Oil pump and windage tray all bolted on and flipped the motor over.

Got the Rear main seal bolted on as well too.

I then dropped in the lifters... I decided to do a clean up on all the rockers and nuts and that took a while but it was worth it. I got the push rods set to zero lash and a half turn.

As for the intake problem I reported last week. If you take a look at the picture below you can see where the aluminum of the intake come out from the edge of the runners. I tool a flat file to that area and just had to trim off a little bit at all four edges. Once I did that the intake dropped right into place. I added a bead of gasket maker to the top of the block and bolted the intake into place.

After that it was coating the timing chain with some oil and bolting the timing chain cover on. Right before I did that I noticed that I still had the old seal in the cover and don't have a replacement for it in all the boxes of gaskets and stuff that I have. So I knocked it out and bolted on the cover.

On the way home tonight I will pick up a new seal for it and tonight should be able to get the seal and harmonic balancer on. Then I will bolt on the oil pan and the flywheel and will be done with the motor until after it gets put into the frame. All I need to get it into the frame is to get the transmission mounted, the torque converter bolted up and everything on the lift. I hope to have the engine in before this weekend.