Out of Sight Audio

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  24
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 121 to 146 of 146

Thread: #998 Build Page

  1. #121
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    321
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TDSapp View Post
    Andy,

    If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the wheels? I was just on their site this morning and they don't have any prices listed with their wheels.
    With the discount it was about $2600 with lug nuts. They normally run another sale at Christmas if I remember correctly.
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 376/480, 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter,
    Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires

  2. #122
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    321
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been working as I had time on the grill, which had some seriously deep flaws in it. They weren't very large in diameter but deep.IMG_1264.JPG One of them became two as I removed material and the new one was even deeper than the first.IMG_1265.JPGIMG_1274.JPGIMG_1278.JPG Now that I have smoothed things out I am working to restore the natural shape to the grill.
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 376/480, 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter,
    Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires

  3. #123
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    321
    Post Thanks / Like
    I swapped the mufflers side to side last night, although I'm not convinced I needed to. There is no condensate drain hole on these mufflers and I couldn't find anything in the manual. Now I need to wrap the pipes. Is all header wrap created equal or is there some better than others? What do you recommend?
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 376/480, 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter,
    Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires

  4. #124

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Placitas, NM
    Posts
    432
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bought 2 different brands of header wrap, they both look almost exactly the same.
    If your going to wrap the pipes from the front to the rear you'll need at least two 50' rolls.
    https://www.amazon.com/ARTR-Titanium...2VKNA9G171YFY7

    The straps don't come with the tool to tighten them up, it's looks like a 1/4" ratchet extension with a slot in the end used to pull/twist the strap tight. They aren't expensive, well worth getting one.
    I'll dig up the link to the tool and post it today.
    '33 Hotrod, delivered on 2/27/18, go cart on 9/24/18.
    LS3 w/4L65e, Lokar shifter, Electric PS, Vintage AC/Heat/Def, 8.8" 3.55
    TorqThrust II Wheels w/Toyo Proxy T1 Sport Tires, F 245/45ZR17 R 295/35ZR18

  5. Thanks HVACMAN thanked for this post
  6. #125
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    321
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLev View Post
    I bought 2 different brands of header wrap, they both look almost exactly the same.
    If your going to wrap the pipes from the front to the rear you'll need at least two 50' rolls.
    https://www.amazon.com/ARTR-Titanium...2VKNA9G171YFY7

    The straps don't come with the tool to tighten them up, it's looks like a 1/4" ratchet extension with a slot in the end used to pull/twist the strap tight. They aren't expensive, well worth getting one.
    I'll dig up the link to the tool and post it today.
    Thanks Jim. I will get some on order. I am going to try wrapping the front exhaust pipes first. I am going the heat shield route first on the mufflers. I really hate covering up all the shiny stainless unless I have to. I have a tool that is used for tightening the band on CV joints that I am pretty sure will work on the straps. It has the slot and uses a 3/8 ratchet and socket to tighten.
    Last edited by HVACMAN; 11-30-2018 at 10:49 AM.
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 376/480, 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter,
    Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires

  7. #126

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Placitas, NM
    Posts
    432
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your tool should work, you may want buy more stainless ties.
    Here's the other brand I bought after I figured that 50' wouldn't be enough.
    https://www.amazon.com/LEDAUT-Titani...0DDGAAXQ8BFMPV
    You should think about doing the mufflers, the floors will get HOT!
    '33 Hotrod, delivered on 2/27/18, go cart on 9/24/18.
    LS3 w/4L65e, Lokar shifter, Electric PS, Vintage AC/Heat/Def, 8.8" 3.55
    TorqThrust II Wheels w/Toyo Proxy T1 Sport Tires, F 245/45ZR17 R 295/35ZR18

  8. Thanks HVACMAN thanked for this post
  9. #127
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    321
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLev View Post
    Your tool should work, you may want buy more stainless ties.
    Here's the other brand I bought after I figured that 50' wouldn't be enough.
    https://www.amazon.com/LEDAUT-Titani...0DDGAAXQ8BFMPV
    You should think about doing the mufflers, the floors will get HOT!
    Did you prefer one wrap over the other or are they equal?
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 376/480, 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter,
    Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires

  10. #128
    Senior Member TDSapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Frisco, TX
    Posts
    502
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HVACMAN View Post
    I swapped the mufflers side to side last night, although I'm not convinced I needed to. There is no condensate drain hole on these mufflers and I couldn't find anything in the manual. Now I need to wrap the pipes. Is all header wrap created equal or is there some better than others? What do you recommend?

    I don't think its a side to side issue. The exit pipe is on one side of the muffler and not the center. When I put the seam up on the muffler it put the exit next to the body of the car and not towards the middle. The exit pipes were sticking way outside the edge of the car. By flipping the muffler it moved the pipe where the exhaust tip was just outside the body and not sticking out four or five inches.


    Tim Sapp
    11110001101
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

    33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

  11. #129
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    321
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TDSapp View Post
    I don't think its a side to side issue. The exit pipe is on one side of the muffler and not the center. When I put the seam up on the muffler it put the exit next to the body of the car and not towards the middle. The exit pipes were sticking way outside the edge of the car. By flipping the muffler it moved the pipe where the exhaust tip was just outside the body and not sticking out four or five inches.


    I know what your saying Tim. Jim's point was the seams should be down, which means if you swap them side for side and turn them over the seam is down and the outlet is still on the outboard side. A lot of the OEM mufflers had a condensate drain in the outlet end of the muffler, which had to be oriented to the bottom, but the FFR mufflers do not. I'm not sure this makes sense but it sounded good in my head. lol
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 376/480, 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter,
    Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires

  12. #130
    Senior Member TDSapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Frisco, TX
    Posts
    502
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HVACMAN View Post
    I know what your saying Tim. Jim's point was the seams should be down, which means if you swap them side for side and turn them over the seam is down and the outlet is still on the outboard side. A lot of the OEM mufflers had a condensate drain in the outlet end of the muffler, which had to be oriented to the bottom, but the FFR mufflers do not. I'm not sure this makes sense but it sounded good in my head. lol
    Correct, if you swap sides and flip them the outlets are still outboard and stick out much further. I would rather have the end of the pipe closer to flush than sticking out too far.
    Tim Sapp
    11110001101
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

    33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

  13. Thanks HVACMAN thanked for this post
  14. #131
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    321
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TDSapp View Post
    Correct, if you swap sides and flip them the outlets are still outboard and stick out much further. I would rather have the end of the pipe closer to flush than sticking out too far.
    I see now. You are using side exit exhaust, correct?
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 376/480, 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter,
    Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires

  15. #132

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Placitas, NM
    Posts
    432
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HVACMAN View Post
    Did you prefer one wrap over the other or are they equal?
    No, they both were almost a carbon copy of each other.
    '33 Hotrod, delivered on 2/27/18, go cart on 9/24/18.
    LS3 w/4L65e, Lokar shifter, Electric PS, Vintage AC/Heat/Def, 8.8" 3.55
    TorqThrust II Wheels w/Toyo Proxy T1 Sport Tires, F 245/45ZR17 R 295/35ZR18

  16. Thanks HVACMAN thanked for this post
  17. #133
    Senior Member TDSapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Frisco, TX
    Posts
    502
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HVACMAN View Post
    I see now. You are using side exit exhaust, correct?
    Yes I am... Yeah rear exit exhaust is a different beast and I have no idea on where it need to be.
    Tim Sapp
    11110001101
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

    33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

  18. Likes HVACMAN liked this post
  19. #134
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Shawnee KS< KC Burb
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HVACMAN View Post
    I swapped the mufflers side to side last night, although I'm not convinced I needed to. There is no condensate drain hole on these mufflers and I couldn't find anything in the manual.
    Very few mufflers have a condensate hole anymore but the interior is designed to channel the water that condenses in there to move on through and out
    the back with as little pooling and damage as possible. That condensate is very acidic and best not left inside the muffler, you didn't waste your time.

    I have family that's been in the exhaust biz for over 4 decades so I have seen a few muffs both new and blown out and I would follow the manufacturers
    instructions if it will fit in the 33 that way.

    DB

  20. Thanks HVACMAN thanked for this post
    Likes wrp liked this post
  21. #135
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    321
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shop time has been few and far between lately, but I was on vacation the last half of December, and managed to make a few excursions to the garage. I finished finalizing the exhaust (what a pain) and got it wrapped. The shift cable is installed after getting the correct bracket from Lokar (Thanks Jim). I have the rear bulkhead installed and the floors. That allowed me to install the driveshaft, torque it, and install the driveshaft cover. Now on to the transmission tunnel, which will allow me to finalize the wiring. I hope. I had to go back to work yesterday, which really sucked, but at least there is only eleven months left until I retire. I don't think they will be able to talk me into staying again. Building hot rods is too much fun.
    When I got home yesterday afternoon I discovered that the Fedex guy had been there. MY WHEELS ARE HERE!!!!IMG_1293.JPGIMG_1303.jpgIMG_1308.JPGIMG_1324.JPGIMG_1328.JPGIMG_1329.JPGIMG_1330.JPGIMG_1333.JPGIMG_1335.JPGIMG_1336.JPG
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 376/480, 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter,
    Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires

  22. Likes wrp liked this post
  23. #136
    Senior Member TDSapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Frisco, TX
    Posts
    502
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HVACMAN View Post
    When I got home yesterday afternoon I discovered that the Fedex guy had been there. MY WHEELS ARE HERE!!!!IMG_1333.JPGIMG_1335.JPGIMG_1336.JPG

    Sweet looking wheels!! It gives me hope that mine will be here soon. I ordered mine three days after you did. We also ordered the same size wheels, but I did a different back space.

    Your car is looking good.
    Tim Sapp
    11110001101
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

    33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

  24. Likes wrp liked this post
  25. #137
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    321
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TDSapp View Post
    Sweet looking wheels!! It gives me hope that mine will be here soon. I ordered mine three days after you did. We also ordered the same size wheels, but I did a different back space.

    Your car is looking good.
    They showed up with no warning. No email or anything stating they had been shipped. What did you do for back space Tim?
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 376/480, 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter,
    Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires

  26. #138
    Senior Member TDSapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Frisco, TX
    Posts
    502
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HVACMAN View Post
    They showed up with no warning. No email or anything stating they had been shipped. What did you do for back space Tim?
    I hope I get a notice on when they are going to come in. I would hate for them to set at the front door all day.

    On the fronts I went with a 3.5" back space and on the rears I went with 6.5". I have the rear end out of a 2002 Mustang GT and it is wider than the earlier rear ends. When I measured I was actually thinking about a 7" BS but figured I could always go 6.5" and use a spacer if I had to.
    Tim Sapp
    11110001101
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

    33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

  27. Likes wrp liked this post
  28. #139
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    321
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TDSapp View Post
    I hope I get a notice on when they are going to come in. I would hate for them to set at the front door all day.

    On the fronts I went with a 3.5" back space and on the rears I went with 6.5". I have the rear end out of a 2002 Mustang GT and it is wider than the earlier rear ends. When I measured I was actually thinking about a 7" BS but figured I could always go 6.5" and use a spacer if I had to.
    Just FYI. They require a signature. My wife was slow getting to the door and almost missed the driver. You can always have them hold them at the terminal for pick up, if no one is going to be home.
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 376/480, 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter,
    Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires

  29. Likes wrp liked this post
  30. #140
    Senior Member TDSapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Frisco, TX
    Posts
    502
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HVACMAN View Post
    Just FYI. They require a signature. My wife was slow getting to the door and almost missed the driver. You can always have them hold them at the terminal for pick up, if no one is going to be home.


    Well I sent an email to Wheels4Less.com and asked them if they could get an update. They said they are shipping them out on Monday. I sure hope they send me a tracking number so I can take the day off for delivery. I would have them hold at the terminal but I drive a 2012 Challenger and there is no way I would be able to get all 4 wheels in my car. Just about could not get the tires in my wifes Durango because they were so big.



    This is with all the back seats laid down flat. These are MT tires with the rear being 20X18 and the fronts are 18X8.


    What tires are you going with?
    Tim Sapp
    11110001101
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

    33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

  31. Likes wrp liked this post
  32. #141
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    321
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TDSapp View Post
    Well I sent an email to Wheels4Less.com and asked them if they could get an update. They said they are shipping them out on Monday. I sure hope they send me a tracking number so I can take the day off for delivery. I would have them hold at the terminal but I drive a 2012 Challenger and there is no way I would be able to get all 4 wheels in my car. Just about could not get the tires in my wifes Durango because they were so big.



    This is with all the back seats laid down flat. These are MT tires with the rear being 20X18 and the fronts are 18X8.


    What tires are you going with?
    It looks like the same tire. Those look like Mickey Thompson Sportsman SR's? What wheels did you order? I ordered mine direct from Billet Specialties.
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 376/480, 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter,
    Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires

  33. Likes wrp liked this post
  34. #142
    Senior Member TDSapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Frisco, TX
    Posts
    502
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HVACMAN View Post
    It looks like the same tire. Those look like Mickey Thompson Sportsman SR's? What wheels did you order? I ordered mine direct from Billet Specialties.
    I just saw in your signature that we do have the same tires, Sportsman S/Rs.


    The wheels I ordered are custom built American Racing Burnouts. No sale on them and I paid around $2,500.00 for all four of them. Then paid a bit more to get the black lug nuts and locking lugs. I ordered mine via WheelsForLess.Com.

    Tim Sapp
    11110001101
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

    33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

  35. Likes HVACMAN, wrp liked this post
  36. #143
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    321
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TDSapp View Post
    I just saw in your signature that we do have the same tires, Sportsman S/Rs.


    The wheels I ordered are custom built American Racing Burnouts. No sale on them and I paid around $2,500.00 for all four of them. Then paid a bit more to get the black lug nuts and locking lugs. I ordered mine via WheelsForLess.Com.

    Nice wheels Tim! I was looking seriously at American Racing when these went on sale.
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 376/480, 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter,
    Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires

  37. Likes wrp liked this post
  38. #144
    Senior Member TDSapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Frisco, TX
    Posts
    502
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HVACMAN View Post
    They showed up with no warning. No email or anything stating they had been shipped. What did you do for back space Tim?
    I got a tracking number the other day. My wheels arrive tomorrow (1/10).
    Tim Sapp
    11110001101
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

    33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

  39. #145
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    321
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdsapp View Post
    i got a tracking number the other day. My wheels arrive tomorrow (1/10).
    excellent!!!
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 376/480, 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter,
    Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires

  40. Likes wrp liked this post
  41. #146
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    321
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't had a chance to update in a bit (wife is back in the hospital) but last weekend I manged to make a little progress. The trans tunnel is in and all the appropriate wires are pulled through it. I discovered all the places where I have Lizard Skin and Dynomat that there ought to be none. That stuff is not fun to scrape off when it has been on for months. The left side fit great with the exception of the selector shaft on the transmission. I had to alter the tunnel to make room. Now I have to glass in a bubble to accommodate it. On the passenger side it appeared to be too wide. The floor cut out for the emergency brake was actually inside the tunnel. After wrestling with this for some time, I finally crawled under the car and discovered there was a cleco in the floor that I couldn't see. that was holding it out. Boy did I feel like an idiot! Well the car is on hold for a bit, but I will be back in the shop eventually.IMG_1340.JPGIMG_1341.JPGIMG_1343.JPGIMG_1344.JPGIMG_1345.JPGIMG_1346.JPGIMG_1347.JPG
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 376/480, 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter,
    Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires

  42. Likes wrp liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Stewart Transport

Visit our community sponsor