Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Body/front splash guard question

Post Thanks / Like

Body/front splash guard question

Are the bottoms of the front splash guards and F-panels supposed to be flush where they meet on the bottom edge? Currently the best fit results in the splash guards positioned ~2/3 of an inch higher than the bottom of the F-panel. Any lower and the mounting tab on the outside of the splash guard falls below the body. My sense is that the body is riding too high...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the bottoms are even. Even in my case the first time I looked at it I thought some major trimming was required but not so. Make sure your quick jack mount locations are correct and you may have to play with the bend on the splash guard a bit to follow the body contour better.
    MKIV #8740, Canadian base kit, Picked up Dec. 2015, ‘98 Cobra 4.6 l DOHC, T45 transmission, old style IRS, Art Cuesta dieted harness/Ron Francis chassis harness, go-cart July 2018.

Post Thanks / Like
    Still struggling to figure this out. My body is centered on the frame, quick jacks all lined up, body tucks under door frame with nominal gap, still an 1/8 of inch gap on trunk aluminum, body is just ahead of the door jams, no obvious binding anywhere, everything seems fine to me. The issue remains fitting the front splash guards. When splash guards are placed flush to the bottom of the F panels, the outer and lower edge of the splash guard (the tab) falls 1.25 inches below the body. Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have done many and have never had them too short. The rears almost always go on without trim but the fronts always need trimming.You have the bulb seal on, right? I am always reshaping the curves having to fold up the bottom edge to create a new mounting tab for the bottom. You want them to fit just snug and not putting a lot of pressure on the back side of the body.Trunk side aluminum gets bulb seal but not across the center of the rear cockpit bulkhead..da Bat
    Last edited by j.miller; 11-28-2020 at 06:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, getting the go ahead to trim and create new mounting tabs pretty much solves my primary issue.