Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Help for replacement pipe for post turbo EJ205

Post Thanks / Like

Help for replacement pipe for post turbo EJ205

FFR supplies with the kit a stainless angled adapter that bolts to turbine out and what they call a tailpipe. I never got the "downpipe" from my donor kit of parts and are
    looking the best way to utilize these parts. Cat delete pipes do not appear to have the right shape to fit. The blank design of the FFR piece is not the best for wastegate flow but
    may be ok for stock boos levels. Searched exhaust on site but did not come up with much.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a bellmouth straight pipe 3" steel exhaust from Mike Everson at replicaparts.com with a mounting bracket and an 02 bung. Had a local shop cut and weld in a Flowmaster DBX and it came out great.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can buy a bellmouth' from Kinugawa that has a short 3" outlet. From there its just a matter of running pipe, cat, muffler etc.

For the stock flange turbo we made an exhaust using the bellmouth and a magnaflow 'spun' catalytic converter (using an angled one worked well in our install).
    818SC chassis #206 EJ207 2.0L VF37 twin scroll || Cusco type RS 1.5 LSD || Wilwood pedal box (firewall attach) || Wilwood superlite front calipers
    BUILD Phase 1: 6/6/2014 car delivered || 5/24/2015 first start || 6/7/2015 go karted || 4/20/2016 hard-top-topped || 10/25/2016 registered || 11/18/2016 inspected & complete
    BUILD Phase 2: 3/8/2017 EJ207v8 || 5/29/2017 re-first re-start || 7/17/2017 re-assembled with race car bits

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. That's helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wayne from VCP welded up a downpipe with CAT the has worked well for me. It exists out the back next to the transmission.