Wow, a month goes by pretty quickly, doesn't it? Not a ton to report, as I have CERTAINLY made it to the "little wins" stage. Didn't think it would be such a challenge to get seat brackets put together that allowed access to the bolts like I want. Finished the driver last weekend, spent a good chunk of today on the passenger side.

Positive note: I've learned my lesson about only tacking metal together until I'm sure it's right, lol. Chopped up the shift cable mount (on the transmission) to try and solve a problem I'm introducing, found out it wasn't quite right...cutting that back apart was horrible. Seat bracket, I screwed that up too. Came apart much easier!! I'm happy with it, but no pictures.

I picked up a bottle of C25 from a guy on craigslist, and jesus, welding goes so fast now, and no pops or splatters...but I kinda have to learn how all over again. So I'm hiding my work until then!!

Speaking of hidden work, I spent a couple weekends trying to come up with some sort of crank to replace the FF bracket. I'm not an engineer by any stretch of the imagination, so I didn't go out and buy a bunch of stuff. I did get an approximation of what was in my head with some of the scrap I had laying around. FAILURE. Really hard to move in and out of gears or across the neutral zone (say from between 1/2 to between 5/R). So I scrapped it, and made two brackets that basically work the way FF set them up. Main difference is the longitudinal cable is in line with the shaft now, and the lateral cable approaches from the other side. Still really hard to shift in and out of gears. Is that because I don't have the clutch working yet? Because there is no oil in the trans? It didn't feel like that with the top mount before I disassembled the donor, even with the clutch engaged. Only change is draining the oil and using cables. It's really not good.