Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Gen 3 Coupe Cross forum post {coyote build}

East Coast Speed Machines Erik W. Treves's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gen 3 Coupe Cross forum post {coyote build}

I thought I would break the rules a little mainly cause the Coupe forum doesn't get as much traffic.... but in case you haven't been following - I am building a Gen 3 Coupe with Coyote AND Twin Turbos..... I just want to share some basic install pictures as well as the benefits and tune-ability / capability of the stock ECU. Tuning was done very recently by Wayne Presley at VeryCoolParts.com.

Anyway... if you have any Q's you can either PM directly , post here or over in the Coupe Forum... The stock tune NA was OK... but there is a lot on the table to be gained and coupled with either HP Tuners or SCT... the setup will grow with you no problem.... we are just scratching the surface here. No Wastegate controller ... just letting the WG Spring at 10 psi and let it fly..... turned out pretty good I think.... enjoy!

FFR 1879, Blown DSS 306,REDLINE management, VeryCoolParts Tuned 460RWHP

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

US ARMY Maintenance Test Pilot (CW4 Retired)

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Erik,

Good thing that you are a pilot ... that thing is gonna fly!

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Erik,

Super cool. Unlike bolting on a few vendor supplied "mod" kits, and calling your car a custom build.... THIS IS a CUSTOM BUILD. Are you using an Aluminator or a stock Coyote?

I had my 2012 Coyote/MkIV on the dyno for a little tune session and have been trying to spread the good word ever since. I'm thinking a Whipple 2.9 on a Coyote in a 25th anniversary MkIV will be a great build.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting Erik.

Im thinking pretty seriously of doing a Gen 3 coupe with a Coyote next.
    In general how is the fit of the coyote in the engine bay. I know it is super tight in the roadster. Looks like the Gen 3 may have some more room. Any other specific challenges that stand out to you that are worth mentioning? I enjoyed following your build thread. Great work.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

East Coast Speed Machines Erik W. Treves's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. I am using a Stock '15 coyote as well as the stock tranny {MT82 version2} -The general fit of the coyote.... well I wouldn't say general... the fit is just fine. The Gen 3 was built around the coyote motor so the fit is as you would expect. Unlike the other models where they started with a small block and then grew into the mod motors and such... the Gen 3 was built to fit the mod motor first... so there is the appropriate amount of room. I wouldn't worry . There is a ton of bracing everywhere... which did make my life "fun" trying to get the turbos in there. As long as you color in the lines the car is perfect for the mod motor. I think a whipple or Vortec type blower would be much easier - I spent over 1 month trying to figure out the placement of the turbos so I could get a symmetrical look and still have drain back to the pan. - I would be driving already if I had gone that route...but I was going for a look and wanted to use 2 turbos.... since I hadn't done that yet - anyway.... almost done now!!!
    FFR 1879, Blown DSS 306,REDLINE management, VeryCoolParts Tuned 460RWHP

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

US ARMY Maintenance Test Pilot (CW4 Retired)