I know several people have done carpet edging and heel pads on the factory carpet. I'm planning to do edging on just a couple of carpet edges, notably the tunnel piece and probably the funky piece around the doors. I can't decide on leather, vinyl, or fabric edging though. I'm looking for pics that anyone has of the edging they've done. Doesn't matter where it is, I'm just hoping to see examples on the black carpet of different types of edging. I'm leaning towards a fabric edge to match the FFR floor mats.

Also wondering what people did for a heel pad on the driver's engine side panel near the gas pedal. Just a small square of vinyl stitched into the carpet? I feel this makes a professional look even though I don't feel it's really necessary. Pics of this too would be nice you anyone has some.

On a side note, I don't plan to do this myself. I have access to nice stitching sewing machines(the kind that can embroider) but nothing heavy duty enough to handle the pile of carpet and the edging.

Thanks,

-TJ