I took the plunge, have a rental truck reserved and pick up my 33 Hot Rod Kit in a couple of weeks, I am only about 20 minutes away from ff5. The garage is as ready as it ever will be, not a show place but will serve the purpose.. My original plan is full fender with the hard top using all the components supplied by ff5 and use a carbureted crate 302 no electronics with an automatic ( kind of old school). I had a professor in school tell me that you don't have to know everything, you just have to know where to look it up. Well I have read just about every build thread and trying to remember where I read something will be the challenge.
After reading some of the issues of getting a hot rod on the road in Mass I am rethinking what the motor will be, I understand the process of getting a VIN number ( sounds like a pain but if you have everything it is doable) My issue is going to be the emissions test, not sure how a crate motor falls in that. So I am thinking of using the 350 Chevy motor from my 1985 pickup ( that I bough brand new way back when). This I think would only have to pass a visual test for the original equipment for that motor (smog pump), but then that interferes with the electric steering, motor mounts and drive shaft ( and probably more). More research to do and I figure by next spring I should be ready for a motor.
I hope to be able to post with pictures as things come together.