Ok so here is amother interesting little twist, put in the head liner and proper gaskets thought I had installed the hard top for the final time. Then put the windshield inplace, didn't fit ( see post in body & interior). So, remove hardtop and find that the opening had a small bump on the side allowing the windshield to rock top to bottom. Groung down the bump and it fit, but the black edge of the windshiled is 3/4 and the flange that it sits against was 1 1/4, so made a adaptor for the dremel and cut the flange back, did the same for the rear window. Scariest thing I have done since the first start, keep in mind the hard top is now painted. Of course this opened up voids in the edge. June2019 014.JPG glassed and repaired those and had some paint left over and was able to touch up where it had be ground.
Now ready to install windshield and back window, going to use 3m window weld, have read that it can be very messy so hopefully have everything masked off. June2019 017.JPGMy question is how much of a bead should I apply, need enough to completely cover at a uniform thickness but dont really want it squishing out all over the place?