Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: My title has year of car blank

Post Thanks / Like

Question My title has year of car blank

My California registration shows my 33 as a spcn and the year field is blank. Can anyone else verify what the year field us on their 33 from California? My insurance agent is having a fit and wants to write a policy showing the car as a 2017 Ford coupe which I think is not right. Help, please
    Tom

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    CA DMV. Does not assign a model year to SPCNS vehicles (they never have.) I've seen the year field left either blank or with "0000" during my career.

Our Roadster is listed on the ins docs as a 1965 replica 2-door Roadster. I'd call Robin at http://www.midwestclassicins.com/ and ask about coverage as well as how he classifies the car for year/make..

Good luck,

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks Ray. I did speak to Midwest last year but they told me I could only drive the car to and from car shows and the like. No going to the store for a six pack or dropping the grandkids at school. I really just want to drive the damn thing anytime I want without regards to some fuzzy clause in an insurance policy. these things tend to bite me right on the butt whenever I disregard them. I will do as you suggest and speak directly to Robin this time around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brave Salmon View Post
    they told me I could only drive the car to and from car shows and the like.
    I own a roadster and have it insured via Robbin @ Midwest, first I've ever heard this. Did you request something different? I'd definitely speak to Robbin Terry.
    good luck
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Refer to your B.A.R emissions exemption sticker. It will have the year the car was finished/inspected. That will be the cars model year. X3 on talking to Robbin, I only have a mileage restriction on my policy and at 5K miles per year, I have never exceeded it.
    Frank