Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dash lay out

Post Thanks / Like

Dash lay out

I've been away for a while. Just put the engine in the car and it looks good. It also freed up some space in my garage. Now I am working on the dash, and I would appreciate some pictures of the dash lay out. I have the padded plastic dash that I'm covering with leather--so I have the standard holes pre-cut in the dash. I am using the stalk mounted turn signal lever. Did you depend on the indicators in the speedo or mount indicators between the tach and speedo? I also plan to use the dash support I am going to cover with aluminum and a padded leather. I can then install switches for the heated seats.
    Also, how did you finish your console? I was think of adding an elbow pad behind the shift lever. Again any pictures would be appreciated.
    Thanks everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to see you back and progressing! As opposed to my stand still lol
    If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough....

Build thread

MKIV complete kit # 9395 delivered 7/31/18

Cobra Doc
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ohhh subscribing with similar thoughts. Congrats on getting back to the project.

Post Thanks / Like
    The built in signal indicators of the newer vintage gauges are plenty noticeable and keep the dash more simplistic
    MK4 #9028 - Coyote - TKO600
    Delivery: 1/30/17 First Start: 7/23/17 Legal: 10/5/17 Graduated: 10/15/18
    Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...8-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    A warning. Be careful about putting switches to the left of the steering wheel. I put my headlight switch there, and it hit the door when the body was on. I had to angle the switch down considerably so now it barely clears.
    Steve

FFR #8305; IRS, 347; T5 Trans; EFI, 3.27 Rear; 17x9" Front; 17x10.5" Rear
    Paint - Ford Magnetic Metallic Gray (J7) with Black Stripes; Painted by "da Bat"
    Complete Kit Delivered 05/15/2014; Titled and Registered 4/14/2017 as a 1965!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm currently working on my dash layout. Like many, I want to keep it simple, so I placed my ignition switch on one of my dash support bars so it's out of site. To the left of the steering wheel, I vertically mounted the headlight switch so it's hidden as well. With the switch stem fully extended, it's flush with the bottom of the 2 x 2 tubing. The push start button will reside where the key normally locates on the standard dash. I'm using the Speedhut Revolution gauges as well as billet pushbuttons to control the horn, fan over ride, and hazard flashers. GPS speedo will go in the center of the dash with all but the tach and oil pressure gauges being located off the speedo. If you haven't bought your gauges yet, the Revolution gauges are all programmable and with the 15% off sale, I spent less than what FFR asks for the gauges they offer. While I don't yet have a pic, I'll post one as soon as I get my carbon fiber dash and get the hardware mounted.

Scott