Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Another "First" Start

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcrumpley View Post
    Congrats. It sounds good. Find someone local who tunes ls motors and they will be able to work out the issues and make it run even better. The canned tune needs to be adjusted for the air intake and exhaust.
    Thanks! And I agree that a tune will help since the stock tune is with a GM air intake and cast exhaust manifolds vs. my custom intake and 1-7/8" long tube headers. For now it'll do just fine and the surging isn't bothersome, just very noticeable. I'm guessing it might get a little old after the initial euphoria wears off just like people comment on the FFR sidepipes. Amazing to hear the loud raspiness at first but after a few thousand miles the nostalgia wears thin with some people.

Time will tell I guess.

-TJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepurz View Post
    Thanks! And I agree that a tune will help since the stock tune is with a GM air intake and cast exhaust manifolds vs. my custom intake and 1-7/8" long tube headers. For now it'll do just fine and the surging isn't bothersome, just very noticeable. I'm guessing it might get a little old after the initial euphoria wears off just like people comment on the FFR sidepipes. Amazing to hear the loud raspiness at first but after a few thousand miles the nostalgia wears thin with some people.

Time will tell I guess.

-TJ
    PM Sent re russ Thompson turn signal
    Baghdad Bob

Complete Kit Delivered July 2010, serial @ 7287, Whitby Power Brakes, Whitby Tonneau, Power Steering w HEIDTS PS Valve, Hydralic clutch, 15" Wheels, BFG Tires, 331 stroker w Quick Fuel 650, RPM Heads, Air Gap Intake. IRS w 3.27, TKO-600. FFMETAL Firewall Forward, FFMETAL Dropped Battery Box in Trunk, Enlarged Passenger footbox, Breeze Cubby storage, Breeze Seat Brackets, Herbs Door Panels. Ford ruby red 12 coats.