Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  19
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Paul2stl #9122 Graduated

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks absolutely amazing!!!!

Shoulda stopped by and let me drool on your way home lol

Kurt
    If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough....

Build thread

MKIV complete kit # 9395 delivered 7/31/18

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by j.miller View Post
    Hey brother ! Pleasure. You get an "Iron Man" driving award ….or at least a "participation ribbon". (Just a word) don't leave the fender covers on any longer then they need to be for the first few months. CHEERS, ...da Bat
    Awesome a participation ribbon I am so lucky thanks Jeff. Yes sir, note to self remember this is very fresh paint. Thanks for looking out
    MKIV #9122 Ordered kit 5/24/17 received kit 8/11/17 MK4 Base kit +,First Start 4/7/18, First Go-Cart 4/22/18, In gelcoat, licensed and driving 8/11/18. Coyote gen2, T-56, 2015 IRS 3.31, 17" Halibrand replicas w/Nitto NT555 G2, Withby Motorcars power brake kit W/Wilwood pedals, 04 Cobra front brakes, 15 Mustang rear brakes with mods, power steering. Paint Jeff Miller Da Bat, Lexus Spectra Blue Mica W/Toyota Silver Sky Metallic strips. Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...Paul2STL-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Thought about contacting some California guys, but did have much time to stop and chat because I would of taken a lot days to get back. Trust me I thought about it.
    MKIV #9122 Ordered kit 5/24/17 received kit 8/11/17 MK4 Base kit +,First Start 4/7/18, First Go-Cart 4/22/18, In gelcoat, licensed and driving 8/11/18. Coyote gen2, T-56, 2015 IRS 3.31, 17" Halibrand replicas w/Nitto NT555 G2, Withby Motorcars power brake kit W/Wilwood pedals, 04 Cobra front brakes, 15 Mustang rear brakes with mods, power steering. Paint Jeff Miller Da Bat, Lexus Spectra Blue Mica W/Toyota Silver Sky Metallic strips. Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...Paul2STL-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cgundermann View Post
    Look forward to seeing it in person soon Paul!

Chris
    Chris,
    cant wait to show you and to finally see your in person. Maybe Jim you and I could get together and share some build stories.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul2STL View Post
    Chris,
    cant wait to show you and to finally see your in person. Maybe Jim you and I could get together and share some build stories.
    Sounds like a plan!

Chris
    Generation 3 Type 65 Daytona Coupe Complete Kit #151885 received May 6, 2022. Gen 3 Coyote, IRS, Tremec TKX, American Powertrain hydraulic throwout bearing & Wilwood brakes.

MK4 Basic Kit #7404, 347 EFI - Pro M Racing ECM, 30# injectors, 70 mm throttle body, 80 mm MAF, Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads & RPM II intake, all new G-Force T5, 3:55 gears, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3-link, carbon fiber dash/custom Speedhut gauges and paint by Da Bat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Been working on finishing up the build. Installed the trunk carpet and used binding around the drop trunk. Still need to touch up the cross bars that run through the drop trunk and add another LED strip in the trunk.

Installed the windshield, that went pretty quick since I had it mounted in gel coat. The roll bar was a little ok a lot more challenging. The roll bar holes had to be widened since the painter filled them in a little. Grinding on fresh paint was very stressful. The body sits a little lower then what I had in gel coat. On the Breeze roll bar the bolt that holds the main bar to the slip bar is right under the body. After a hour of work it was all done. The rear bumper and over riders are from a mark III that I got of Craigslist. A little polishing and they look great. Still need to adjust the rear end. The trunk isn't closing quit right, or at least how it did when it came back from paint.

Installed the front over riders and fog lights. The fresh air vent ducks was a challenge. I copied what Straversi did on his front mounts that attach from the over rider bolts to the marker light. There wasn't enough room for the duct to fit around the opening. I had to cut off a 1/2" of the ark of the bracket to get them in. Sorry didn't take a picture of it. When I get into a working groove I don't think about taking pictures. I think the front is looking awesome. I just need to finish out the aluminum in the radiator opening then the front will be all done. I was looking for clear marker lens that fit the FFR light. Does anyone know where to find them that work with our lights.

Wheel well splash panels are almost finished, just waiting for the filler to dry that holds the studs for the bottom of the splash panels. Copied what EdwardB did and made all the panels removable. They are held in by 8-32 screws that are threaded into the 3/4 square tubs on the side of the trunk. I have been making good progress and hope to be on the road and graduated by March.

The wheel boxes for the wipers are installed. I used 1" PVC pipe cut at the correct angle to get the wheel boxes to sit right. Had that worked out in gel coat. I love the way the defrost vents look. They are from ********** for anyone interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your trucking along Paul! So close...

Chris
    Generation 3 Type 65 Daytona Coupe Complete Kit #151885 received May 6, 2022. Gen 3 Coyote, IRS, Tremec TKX, American Powertrain hydraulic throwout bearing & Wilwood brakes.

MK4 Basic Kit #7404, 347 EFI - Pro M Racing ECM, 30# injectors, 70 mm throttle body, 80 mm MAF, Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads & RPM II intake, all new G-Force T5, 3:55 gears, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3-link, carbon fiber dash/custom Speedhut gauges and paint by Da Bat.

8. Likes Paul2STL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paul-

She looks great, and I think you are right about that blue popping in the sun! The finishing touches are also coming along nicely; great find on the nudge bar!

I have one tip, and this is just my own personal experience, so please do whatever you are comfortable with... I think you will need to put some tires on the car before you drive her anywhere. Again, this is just my experience, you may have a different idea going, which may affect it, so ...

I appreciate the added pictures, and seeing how you are wrapping her up. You have really built a beautiful car! Do you happen to remember where you got the fender protector?

I look forward to seeing the rest of your finishing touches. Congratulations again on a really beautiful build!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WIS89 View Post
    Paul-

She looks great, and I think you are right about that blue popping in the sun! The finishing touches are also coming along nicely; great find on the nudge bar!

I have one tip, and this is just my own personal experience, so please do whatever you are comfortable with... I think you will need to put some tires on the car before you drive her anywhere. Again, this is just my experience, you may have a different idea going, which may affect it, so ...

I appreciate the added pictures, and seeing how you are wrapping her up. You have really built a beautiful car! Do you happen to remember where you got the fender protector?

I look forward to seeing the rest of your finishing touches. Congratulations again on a really beautiful build!

Regards,

Steve
    Thanks Steve,

Usually I appreciate input form people on suggestions, but I don't think I will need those tires things you speak of. They are heavy and just get in the way.

I know that pictures help a lot of people on ideas of what they like or mods that they would want to do. I got the finder protector from my wife for a Christmas gift. I believe she picked it up on Amazon. It is made of a soft rubber, almost like yoga mat.

Post Thanks / Like
    You’ll be on the road soon. Those last details take a long time but they are what stand out the most. You are doing great work.
    -Steve.
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

12. Likes Paul2STL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Steve,

I know your car looks killer, so coming from you I appriciate that. I love some of the mods you did in your car.

14. Thanks Straversi thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The car looks fantastic... and I stickied your build thread for the future.

Paul

16. Likes Paul2STL liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234