Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  97
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tampa33Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff33Ford View Post
    Fantastic!! Congrats. That looks great. I like the trunk touch. Where did you get those from? They fit perfectly.
    I'd like to know too, thanks.
    My friend was at that show with his FFR Cobra

Post Thanks / Like
    They are from Hobby Lobby, I cut them down and put them back together to fit. They cover the amp and infinity box
    The little one is where I keep matchbox hot rod cars to give to the little ones that take an interest in the car.

3. Thanks Jeff33Ford thanked for this post
    Likes Just 1 More liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful! Love the trunk in the trunk, I've been thinking that a large trunk in the bed of the '35 truck would be awesome too.

5. Likes Just 1 More liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Steering Rack Failure

Discovered my front passenger wheel had movement side to side. Removed the boot and discovered the rubber bushing that should have been inside the rack housing was no longer seated in the housing. Anyone had their steering rack bushing/seal come out at the rack housing end as shown in the photos.

Only fix appears to be replacing the steering rack. Has anyone found another source for the steering rack other than FFR? I have 800 miles on the FFR supplied steering rack that should have lasted 50K miles.

I read where the 1980 Dodge Omni - Steering Rack (42 in. overall rack length) part number REPD289501 is a drop in replacement and was wondering if anyone can confirm this?
    Steering Rack.jpg Bushing.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa33Build View Post
    Discovered my front passenger wheel had movement side to side. Removed the boot and discovered the rubber bushing that should have been inside the rack housing was no longer seated in the housing. Anyone had their steering rack bushing/seal come out at the rack housing end as shown in the photos.

Only fix appears to be replacing the steering rack. Has anyone found another source for the steering rack other than FFR? I have 800 miles on the FFR supplied steering rack that should have lasted 50K miles.

I read where the 1980 Dodge Omni - Steering Rack (42 in. overall rack length) part number REPD289501 is a drop in replacement and was wondering if anyone can confirm this?
    Steering Rack.jpg Bushing.jpg
    I was told by Brett @ Ridetech "You might contact Woodward, Sweet, or Apple to see about a custom built rack." I'll see if I can make some calls tomorrow and see what I can find out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like Woodward has some possible options, definitely calling them in the morning..
    http://www.woodwardsteering.com/PDF/...0JL,%20JLR.pdf

Post Thanks / Like
    There are mechanical fixes.. search here first. And call FFR (that’s what I did and got a new rack from them).
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    In spoke with Tony (owner) at Woodward this morning and WOW did we get in to steering geometry way over my head, and pretty sure he could tell I was lost and realized I wasn't comprehending. told me to do a lot of reading of his tech manuals.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234