Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Garage Refresh Completed. Bring on the Coupe!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a mentioned in the first post, I need my garage workshop to be ready before the Coupe is delivered. Drywall repair, painting, and new lighting are all finally done. My new Bendpak XPR-10S-LP 2-post lift arrived at the freight terminal and I picked it up there. All 1800 lbs. SE to the rescue again. I was able to take the pallet apart and pick it out of the trailer one piece at a time.

Completed the pre-assembly and staged for raising.

Three of my good buddies from the local Cobra club came over and the four of us were able to get the columns standing and the bridge in place. Wasn't too hard with enough help. Surprisingly, getting the bridge up and installed was the hardest part.

With everything positioned, drilled the twelve 3/4-inch holes in the concrete and set the anchors. Confirmed the garage floor as just over 5 inches thick (lift spec calls for minimum 4 inches) and VERY hard. The installation is very solid. Then installed my RaceDeck flooring. Today I get the last pieces in, not showing in this picture.

Next up is to run the 220V power and complete the lift assembly. Then hang and hook up my new heater. Some smaller details after that but making good progress. Most of October is going to be taken up with family stuff and travel. But I should be ready in time.
    Last edited by edwardb; 09-23-2017 at 08:25 PM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.