Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: JDM EZ30D with 6 speed manual?

Post Thanks / Like

JDM EZ30D with 6 speed manual?

Does anyone know if it would be possible to utilize the EZ30D and 6 speed manual from the JDM-only Legacy 3.0R Spec B? If you utilized the ECU that comes with it, I'm thinking you could have a manual transmission without going to a third-party ECU, correct? Let me know if this has been talked to death already and I just missed it in my search.

I'm seeing that combo for about $3k on eBay and various JDM engine sites.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 2006 JDM Outback with the EZ 30 "R"
    It is a canbus car, that needs ( from memory) 5 matched components for the factory ecu to work, including the dash cluster, key, transmission control unit, ecu etc

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgyTim View Post
    I have a 2006 JDM Outback with the EZ 30 "R"
    It is a canbus car, that needs ( from memory) 5 matched components for the factory ecu to work, including the dash cluster, key, transmission control unit, ecu etc
    In other words, get a Megasquirt MS3 Pro EVO

Post Thanks / Like
    Another option for using the standard ECU is a canbus emulator, subarugears sells one, but at $800 you would be well on the way to paying for an aftermarket ecu.canbus.png

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like it would be more cost effective to just use a USDM EZ30 or EZ36 along with an aftermarket ECU. I was hoping I might have found a way to avoid the additional cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ms3x will work fine just need to weatherproof it a bit. Already built with 6' harness around $800. Or buy the kit and 4-8hrs with the soldering iron. The second generation ez30 with dbw would require sourcing a cable throttle body to work with MS which I have learned a 4.0 Ford engine in Australia is a perfect match to the ez30 manifold.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I have a EZ30 in my 818 with a 6 speed transmission. I used a 6 speed with VSS and works great with the dash and aftermarket ECU
    Wayne Presley www.verycoolparts.com
    Xterminator 705 RWHP supercharged 4.6 DOHC with twin turbos

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Presley View Post
    I have a EZ30 in my 818 with a 6 speed transmission. I used a 6 speed with VSS and works great with the dash and aftermarket ECU
    Wayne did you use impreza or outback cluster? I was hoping the tach from the outback would direct fit in the impreza cluster so the revs would be accurate. Ms3 can only double or half the tach signal output. I don't want to use the outback cluster as it has the transmission gear selector indicators in the center of the cluster.(might just cf wrap over it)

Edit outback cluster is too big to fit in factory Five pod without modification.
    Last edited by alpine227; 09-14-2017 at 07:49 PM.