Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Side Signals and reflectors

Post Thanks / Like

Side Signals and reflectors

Where is everyone putting the side reflectors and square signal lights (818C)?

IMG_3869.JPG

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    A leftover parts box in my basement.

I really don't understand why FFR gives us things like this in the kit but only half the number of rivets we need.

Post Thanks / Like
    These markers are required in some places.

I did not install those cuz I find them ugly and they don't comply to the regulations here (at least the yellow ones). But you could put the front ones a couple of inches in front of the wheels around 14-15" off the ground.
    As for the red ones, well are you planning on installing directly at the rear or as true rear "side" markers? As side markers, they won't fit well in my opinion cuz the bumper is curved everywhere and they may stick out a lot if you don't cut a hole to recess them into. Which is what I did, but for other side markers, not those.
    Frank
    818 chassis #181 powered by a '93 VW VR6 Turbo GT3582R
    Go-karted Aug 5, 2016 - Then May 19+21, 2017
    Tracked May 27/July 26, 2017
    Build time before being driveable on Sep 27, 2019: over 6000h
    Build Completed Winter 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phil1734 View Post
    A leftover parts box in my basement.

I really don't understand why FFR gives us things like this in the kit but only half the number of rivets we need.
    In USA the reflector are required by federal regulations. DOT HS 806 430.

This is a picture of my side markers. On thee original front bumper, the side markers were built into the headlight assembly.
    Bob

makers.jpg
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    NHTSA also requires airbags, wipers, ABS, TCS, ESC, TPMS, back-up cameras, etc, etc, but as they have no enforcement arm they rely on your state and local government to enforce their laws. If your local municipalities don't care, you don't need them.

From a strict legal sense, yes a police officer could pull you over and give you a ticket for not having them (citing federal law that trumps state requirements,) but until the US Marshals or FBI start patrolling the highways it's not an issue. I supposed you could argue they make the car "safer" but I'll take the risk of not running them, as they are hideous.

Post Thanks / Like