Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What’s on Your POL?

Post Thanks / Like

What’s on Your POL?

Hey y’all. My build date is now about two months away. Delivery will be through Stewart, so I’m expecting to begin my actual build around Thanksgiving. I haven’t been hearing much about backordered items in some of the newly started build threads. I assume there may be a slow easing in the supply chain. Can anyone with a recent delivery give some idea what is now on the POL. I am particularly interested in knowing whether the Wilwood brake upgrades, Koni double adjustable shocks and rear IRS assembly are shipped with the initial kit delivery or if you have had to wait for them and, if so, how long.

I’ve been waiting for about 8 months so far and I'd like to prepare myself in advance if i have to wait much longer to begin; may even consider buying some backordered parts from third party vendors to limit the delays some have reported in their build.

Fully understand the supply chain issues Factory Five has to deal with, so I’m patiently waiting…

David…

Post Thanks / Like
    Wilwood brakes aren't delivered with the kit. They're ordered from Wilwood once your order is paid for and drop shipped directly from Wilwood. I don't have the exact dates, but they've been on backorder for some time and are apparently still some months away. Others that are currently waiting can give a more up-to-date status. Wish I had better news on that one.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    David, got my kit delivered 8/22 with a page of POL. I too, ordered the IRS option and the things I don’t have are the spindles/hubs, a couple of jam nuts, and rod ends for the toe adjustment arms. Some of the other big items on my POL are shocks, steering wheel, and rear brake rotors. Delivery day for me was exciting and exhausting!
    Rob
    Mk4 Complete Kit, #10465
    Ordered 11/14/21, Build School 5/20/22, Delivered 8/22/22, Engine/Transmission Delivered 3/27/23, Installed 9/3/23, First Start 2/14/24
    347FI/TKX/IRS "Street Look"-no hoodscoop or rollbar, undercar exhaust
    Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    My complete kit arrived 8/18. IRS center section, hubs, spindles, control arms and all IRS hardware arrived with the kit. Axles we’re on my POL but got a shipping notification a week after the kit arrived. Axles arrived today. . Front upper control arms and double adjustable Koni’s are the major items on my POL. Ordered my brakes separately from Mr. Levy and pipes from George @ GasN a while back. There’s weeks (months?) of work before any of the POL items becomes a concern. My POL is barely over a page and mostly minor items or items needed way late in the build. X2 Delivery day, inventory and putting everything away in an organized manner was exciting and exhausting.
    Last edited by Barwickad; 09-01-2022 at 11:05 PM.
    MK4 Complete Kit. Gen3 Coyote, TKX, IRS. Wilwoods, Forgeline Wheels.
    Ordered 11/29/21. Kit received 8/18/22. First start 6/22/23.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great to know what’s ahead of me - a combination of excitement and frustration. It seems that there is plenty to do before the items on the POL become necessary, though hopefully, they will arrive before they are required. Looking forward to this adventure. Thanks again for the information and everything else this forum brings to making all of this a reality.

David…

Post Thanks / Like
    My complete Coupe kit arrived 7/25. Received my front Wilwoods on 8/13, still waiting on the rears.
    I went with the double adjustable QA1s, ordered from Mr. Levy in May, still waiting for those.
    My POL was shorter than expected, only major items were front spindles and hubs and the Coyote fitment kit, still waiting on those.
    Everything else was a few nuts and bolts.
    Type 65 Daytona Coupe Complete Kit ordered 11/2021, delivered 7/25/2022....the fun has begun! Build Thread