Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Turn signals in ca. ?

Post Thanks / Like

Turn signals in ca. ?

I am going to have turn signals in the stock cowl lights in the stock placement, does any have experience if that will pass inspection in CA. Will have stock tail lights.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is what the Vehicle Code says:

"
    Highlight
    CODE TEXT
    VEHICLE CODE - VEH
    DIVISION 12. EQUIPMENT OF VEHICLES [24000 - 28150] ( Division 12 enacted by Stats. 1959, Ch. 3. )
    CHAPTER 2. Lighting Equipment [24250 - 26106] ( Chapter 2 enacted by Stats. 1959, Ch. 3. )

ARTICLE 5. Signal Lamps and Devices [24950 - 24953] ( Article 5 enacted by Stats. 1959, Ch. 3. )

(a) Any vehicle may be equipped with a lamp-type turn signal system capable of clearly indicating any intention to turn either to the right or to the left.
    (b) The following vehicles shall be equipped with a lamp-type turn signal system meeting the requirements of this chapter.
    (1) Motortrucks, truck tractors, buses and passenger vehicles, other than motorcycles, manufactured and first registered on or after January 1, 1958.
    (2) Trailers and semitrailers manufactured and first registered between December 31, 1957, and January 1, 1969, having a gross weight of 6,000 pounds or more.
    (3) Trailers and semitrailers 80 or more inches in width manufactured on or after January 1, 1969.
    (4) Motorcycles manufactured and first registered on or after January 1, 1973, except motor-driven cycles whose speed attainable in one mile is 30 miles per hour or less.
    The requirements of this subdivision shall not apply to special mobile equipment, or auxiliary dollies.
    (c) Turn signal lamps on vehicles manufactured on or after January 1, 1969, shall be mounted not lower than 15 inches.
    (Amended by Stats. 1975, Ch. 475.)"

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    My 33 is a 2011 SB100 special construction car that was originally built/titled in California. ( I didn't build it, it was back on East coast when I bought it ) It has the factory headlights with signals built in and stock tail lights and passed California inspection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Tom, what cowl setup are you going with? Are the signals going on the cowl like in front of the doors? I'm confused but suffice to say it would be up to whomever does your brake and lamp check. Dmv, CHP,and BAR never looked at any lights on mine last spring.. Seeya and give my best to your wife.
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi tom, the turn signals will be in stock cowl lights in stock place, in front of doors.