Ladies and gents, it is time for another build!! Not only am I building a Gen 3 but have the honor and privilege of giving the prototype new life. Hence the cars name "Phoenix" since the car will be reborn a street car. Below is one of the pictures from Hot Rod Magazine.

IMG_20170130_1718085-B-300x225.jpg

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/insid...type-65-coupe/

So a few things that are different from the pics and the article.

- The wheels are different, they are 18x11" vintage Halibrand replica wheels on all four corners
- The engine (with supercharger) and transmission stay unchanged
- I am not touching the body! It is perfect the way it is. other then adding windshield wipers and a licence plate light ( and possibly a rear view camera that
integrates into the mirror).
I also want to look more into the protective clear wraps in order to protect the paint job
- The new frame will be white rather then black and have IRS
- Wilwood brakes all around but if they will fit ( waiting on conformation) I want to upgrade to the 14" rotors.
- I am debating power steering using a Toyota 2000-2005 MR2 spider electro-hydraulic power steering pump.
- A/C is also up in the air. need to do more research on if it fits with the supercharger though I may just determine to leave P/S and A/C off.
- interior carpet.
- current plan is powder coating the aluminum a gray and painting the suspension components with G2 caliper paint ( haven't picked a color)
- Interior will get lizard skin applied before carpet is put down.
- Ceramic coat the long tube heads and exhaust
- upgrade oil pump gears ( if my research points me this way)

Ok I think that is all that I can think of for now. Oh and the build finish date is 11/18!! so I will have the Prototype car, New frame and who knows how may boxes around thanksgiving!