Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 818's Insured In Ontario, who are you with?

Post Thanks / Like

818's Insured In Ontario, who are you with?

Hello, just taking my last few steps before placing an order for an 818c kit. Sourcing insurance is proving to be a bit of a challenge. Lant will insure, but impose many restrictions and limitations. Hagerty and Zehr will only insure kits that are replicas, not an 818 though. Allstate and State farm told me they don't insure kit cars.

Has anyone in Ontario found insurance for an 818 without the classic car restrictions? So far the quoted premiums seem fine I'm just hesitant based on the restrictions. I'm fully aware the car will always be a hobby/project/toy and I'm not planning on a daily driver or getting groceries with it, but it would be nice to drive it to work some days.

Geoff
    Last edited by GeoffH; 10-17-2017 at 04:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It's not from me but it mt help I have stumbled across a gold mine with insurance due to Al Beix and his "import to canada" factory five book.

Talk to Roy Howerton with Western General direct, I am also in Calgary and have gotten my car fully insured under their kitcar/classic car insurance policy. It is an amazing price and I have no complaints as of yet. His email is [email protected] I believe he is on holiday's right now but will be back soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am thru Lant and do have the classic car restricitons but for me that is fine, my car is only for nice day runs to shows and club events. 500 for the year at a 40,000 replace value.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in the middle of getting a quote through Zehr in Ontario for our Type-65. I THINK I will be ok with the restrictions, but I may look for other options.
    Jonas

Check out our build blog - https://vjjfactoryfive.wordpress.com/
    FFR Type-65 Coupe 720
    London Ontario Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. Heard back from Zehr today. They are saying can only insure kits that are replicas as well. So far it seems the only option is Lant with a classic car policy.

Post Thanks / Like
    The winds must have been blowing differently today. Called Lant to get clarification on some questions, they couldn't find my previous quote from Friday and was told they cant insure an 818, Sigh...

Facility Insurance will insure an 818 with no restrictions, annual premiums start around $2300, but the coverage can be reduced for the off season.