FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Gtm hatch glass replacement kit

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Gtm hatch glass replacement kit

I'm offering a GTM Hatch Glass Replacement Kit. The GTM's hatch glass has several issues that are corrected by this kit. The fitment of the stock FFR hatch glass is poor and requires fiberglass work to the body around the perimeter of the glass to fit correctly. (The glass is larger than the opening) The glass itself has a different curvature than the roof creating a double hump effect in the roofline. There's also no provision for releasing the trapped hot air in the engine compartment. This kit solves all these problems and WEIGHS HALF of what the FFR glass does. It fits both Gen I and Gen II cars. It comes with the Fiberglass Hatch Glass Replacement, Double-sided Abrasion and UV resistant Lexan Window, and the Carbon Fiber Vent Cover and Hardware for $600 + shipping. You can PM me or call (336)847-3521 for technical or ordering info.2011-Factory-Five-GTM_386131_low_res_zpsh18lmv4n.jpg2011-Factory-Five-GTM_386127_low_res_zpstdoeiz3e.jpg2011-Factory-Five-GTM_386128_low_res_zpsohsxirr2.jpg2011-Factory-Five-GTM_386114_low_res_zpsz6urfpko.jpgpandora%20black_zpseijrvu6l.jpg2011-Factory-Five-GTM_386145_low_res_zps1a3fnh5c.jpgIMG_3617_zpsjeod6psa.jpg
    Last edited by carbon fiber; 10-23-2017 at 06:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice product! When you think about the headache and labor it saves, you are probably only paying $3-400....
    MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Beeman, I've dropped the price on this considerably. I know most GTM guys are on strict budgets, and I've already got the molds.

Post Thanks / Like
    For anyone who is interested in having a rear hatch that fits as it should, and looks like it was meant to be a seamless part of the car, I couldn't recommend this addition to your build more highly.

You may or may not know, but the pictures shown above are of my GTM. After the hatch was finished, it became one the focal points of my car.

Tony went out of his way to make sure that the body and the hatch we blended and became a seamless line. This could not have been done with the original hatch.

In my oppinion it really brought all of the elements of the body together. Let it bring yours together too.

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    PM sent

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Mike. It was a fun project, I'm glad you liked it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bump.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bump.