Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  35
Likes Likes:  155

Thread: Shoeless GTM #501 Here we go!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC View Post
    For the pedal box, I don't recall running into that before, but I see no reason why you can't just shim that gap with some washers. I would pay close attention to the clevises on the clutch pedal to make sure that they don't bind up against the back side of the pedal and bend your MC rod.....looks like you have the ones that will cause problems....
    Yup, already did the mod from your other posts cautioning against it. I did learn that a rotary file on these parts is not a great idea. I had all kinds of splinters for days I had to pull out LOL.

I have been reading around and saw one other guy grind away the horizontal, what look to be like mounting boss bolt holes, on the top side of the master cylinders themselves. Looks really clean and then I'm thinking of having them powder coated to match my suspension (silver hammer tone color). Obviously removing all the internals and mask appropriately. Should turn out pretty slick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Yup, already did the mod from your other posts cautioning against it. I did learn that a rotary file on these parts is not a great idea. I had all kinds of splinters for days I had to pull out LOL.
    Yes.....I have learned to NEVER use a carbide cutter on any metal parts unless I have the shop vac hose right there at the cutter as I'm cutting so all of the splinters go right from the cutter into the vac.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Use a double cut tool instead of a single cut and this problem will disappear.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts