Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  35
Likes Likes:  155

Thread: Shoeless GTM #501 Here we go!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys,

Been enjoying my vacation for the rest of the year as I have been in the garage for at least a little bit every day for the last week. I've done a little heat management on the AC Blower Relocation Kit from Shane that fits perfectly. I was able to get the front piece covered in one single sheet of heat reflective film, no easy task, just took it slow and methodically.

I'm moving on to the Heater Bypass valve next. I've done some searching, found a couple pics of the locations that people have done in the past, but wondering if anyone can tell me if I'm going to have any issues mounting the valve on the passenger side tunnel frame rail and just letting the value itself sit on top of the cooling lines. What do you think? Any issues I'm not seeing 20 steps ahead of where I'm at?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Hey guys,

I've done some searching, found a couple pics of the locations that people have done in the past, but wondering if anyone can tell me if I'm going to have any issues mounting the valve on the passenger side tunnel frame rail and just letting the value itself sit on top of the cooling lines. What do you think? Any issues I'm not seeing 20 steps ahead of where I'm am

]
    That’s generally where I have my bypass. Just remember that you will have some other wiring for the engine and other things in there too. I put my bypass up a bit higher so it was above the wiring and easily visible and easily changed. It’s going to to be closed in and only visible from the top.
    XTF #2
    build start date June 19 2023

GTM # 344
    Build Start December 2010
    First track day April 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kabacj View Post
    That’s generally where I have my bypass. Just remember that you will have some other wiring for the engine and other things in there too. I put my bypass up a bit higher so it was above the wiring and easily visible and easily changed. It’s going to to be closed in and only visible from the top.
    Thanks for the quick reply kabacj!!! I figured this was the best spot Incase I ever needed to service it.