Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  35
Likes Likes:  155

Thread: Shoeless GTM #501 Here we go!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds like Ted was preloading for a particular track configuration. My personal opinion is that this is not how to get desired cross in a car, but he has done a lot more circle track racing than I have. I always set bars at zero preload for tracks that turn both directions. If the track has five left turns and two right turns, then certainly we would put more fuel in the left side of the car if we were not running full tanks. We run no ballast unless a particular series has a minimum weight that we do not meet. These series usually run short sprint races and so we just adjust with added fuel. It is a very VERY rare case where we actually add weight in the form of lead.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    It sounds like Ted was preloading for a particular track configuration. My personal opinion is that this is not how to get desired cross in a car, but he has done a lot more circle track racing than I have. I always set bars at zero preload for tracks that turn both directions. If the track has five left turns and two right turns, then certainly we would put more fuel in the left side of the car if we were not running full tanks. We run no ballast unless a particular series has a minimum weight that we do not meet. These series usually run short sprint races and so we just adjust with added fuel. It is a very VERY rare case where we actually add weight in the form of lead.
    I can't tell you how much I appreciate the openness and candor in the feedback. It has really helped me in so many areas of my build, and I'm sure others as they read along.

It's nice to make these large adjustments/changes now and once I get the car back from bodywork and interior, i'll should only have minor tweaks to dial it in.

I finally went back over my notes for each individual step I made in my corner weight process and what the measurements were. I'll put this all in excel and print it our nicely and share with the community so everyone can see each step of the process.

What I can say is between the last couple of changes I made, it looks like I landed around 49.03% cross weight with an unloaded sway bar. I'll be able to double check this maybe this weekend. At this point I guess I should really ask myself, will I as a complete amateur not pushing this car to its limits, will I ever really be able to tell that much of a difference?

3. Thanks doug_porsche thanked for this post