Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  35
Likes Likes:  155

Thread: Shoeless GTM #501 Here we go!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Shoeless GTM #501 Here we go!!!

Well, now is as good as time as any. My name is Sean Jackson, I live in Palm City Florida, I am an Aerospace Engineering by trade, turned Program Manager and I work at Pratt & Whitney. I took delivery of GTM #501 on 10/3 and am very excited to join this group of talented builders.

I have spoken to a couple of you over the phone, and a few messages here and there to get some general guidance, so thank you so far and thank you in advance for the many questions I’m sure I will be posting here.

Here are my plans so far, and please anybody jump in if you see something that doesn’t add up.

- LS3 427 From Blue Print Engines. I have been working with Johnny there so far and he is eager to help power a GTM as they mostly do motors for the MkIVs. He is offering some very nice incentives to have me work with him and I am very happy so far.
    - Infinity AEM Engine Management System (one main selling point is adding traction control that this system provides and I love the idea of being able to integrate a tablet in the car to do any tuning on the fly).
    - Mendy Transaxle – Glad I ordered this a while ago as there is a 5-6 month lead time when I ordered.
    - Some derivation of Tino’s Procision set up.
    - Infinity Box Setup with all the goodies.
    - Boyd’s Aluminum Tanks – Still haven’t decided on internal or external fuel pump.
    - QRP Custom Bilstein Shocks and coil overs and front sway bar.
    - Kooks fully ceramic coated exhaust.
    - All kinds of goodies from Shane and others.
    - Wilwood Breaks.
    - Forgestar F14 (19x9 Fronts and 20x12 Rears).
    - More to follow.

I have gone through most of the inventory so far, and I will be honest, I’m a little disappointed in FF service so far. Here’s a couple examples. FFR sent me the carpet and vinyl box after my shipment, but it contained 2 full sets of carpet. They didn’t believe me until I sent them a photo of the 2 full sets laid out on the ground. Plus my exhaust screens are not cut in the same orientation, and I’m told FF can’t do anything about it. I offered if they provide me with a shipping label, I would send them back with the extra carpet in exchange for proper ones, but they didn’t take me up on my offer. I hope this is not what I am in store for with them.

Here are a couple first questions, I apologize if they have been discussed a 100 times, I’m simply flooded with reading build threads and watching videos:

1. I have gone through all the Aluminum pieces shipped on the frame. I count 30, but the inventory says I’m supposed to have 33. Take a look at the pics and see if you guys can help. I think I have everything up front correctly, so I'm missing something in the middle or rear sections I believe. Plus I don't see the Rear Body Mount anywhere. Not sure where this would have been packaged.

2. What is your guys preferred fuel pump setup? Internal vs. External? I'd hate the idea of having to remove everything to access the internal tank to change a pump out, but I'm also concerned with real estate in the back. I’d like to get my tanks on order here soon.

mmiUMuI.jpg

qvBJz6Q.jpg

OzVLBb0.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Shoeless; 10-27-2017 at 03:34 PM.