Intercity

Visit our community sponsor

Thread: Vman's '35 Hot Rod Truck Design Ideas

Vman's '35 Hot Rod Truck Design Ideas

I'll have to update this post once I get everything for the '35 truck organized.

David
    Last edited by Vman7; 02-12-2018 at 05:37 PM.

The more and more I look at the FFR creation and compare it to the REAL thing, the more I see that they have hit the mark, but of course this is still a Hot Rod that every builder will be able to make their own!
    1935ReoSpeedwagon_01_700.jpg

Hi AJT, FFR did a very good job overall! a few areas that could be improved on, but just like all the other cars FFR comes out with, they get better over time as FFR "tweaks" on them

The truck you posted is a 1935 Reo Speedwagon. Here is a link to the story behind that one.
    https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2011/1...eo-speedwagon/

David
    Last edited by Vman7; 11-03-2017 at 09:15 AM.

Well now that I have had some time to really go over the FFR pictures of the truck and have seen the mockup of the fenders (glad they went with the '35 and not the ones for the 33 )

Like always my brain went into overdrive, with ideas ....lol

So I guess I'll have to get David H. to change the thread title and move it over to the '35 Ho Rod Truck Forum.

David
    Last edited by Vman7; 01-10-2018 at 03:18 PM.

Just to let people know I updated post #4.

Not sure when I will get to some of design ideas etc. I really won't know until probably mid Feb. after my next surgery (which got put off since Jun 2017 due to other health problems) and the detailed findings on my Dec endoscopy and colonoscopy. I may do a thread in the Off Topic section later on crazy health stuff since end of Jan 2017....been living at the VA....rofl

Bottom line......God always has a plan

I'll send David H. a msg to get this thread moved.

I hope everybody had a great Christmas and New Years!

David

Thanks to David Hodgkins for moving this thread and changing the title. Thanks David

Gee Whiz.......I guess I'll have to start getting stuff together......lol

David

Chopped Tops

Last edited by Vman7; 02-12-2018 at 05:59 PM.

Chopped Top Comparisons

Enjoy!
    David
    Last edited by Vman7; 02-12-2018 at 06:02 PM.

I think the chop looks amazing, but I would be worried about head clearance. I don't know how tall the gentleman is but he looks cramped.

https://www.factoryfive.com/wp-conte...2/FFR_2612.jpg

EFI Rules and Carbs Drool Arrowhead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillwater35 View Post
    I think the chop looks amazing, but I would be worried about head clearance. I don't know how tall the gentleman is but he looks cramped.

https://www.factoryfive.com/wp-conte...2/FFR_2612.jpg
    That's Dan and yea, he's over six foot. BTW I was actually at FFR yesterday and the nice bench seat that was in the truck was only temporary and is being revamped to lower the seat height considerably in the production model.
    Arrowhead's '33 Hot Rod Build Site:
    http://sites.google.com/site/arrowheadshotrodsite/Home

The 35 hot rod really interests me. And, of course seeing the pics of an original restored has really piqued my interest. Is anyone looking to get close to the original in their approach or plan to stick with the SEMA version.?
    Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8658. 04 of 20. 3.31 IRS.
    Forte 427 Dart, TKO 600, Quick Fuel 780 carb. Delivered 9/2/2015, First start/Go Cart 2/18/2017.

I'm thinking of neither. I think I am going to go with red body/bed and tan cab in a 2-tone look.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a4/60...16728000f8.jpg

And if you ever find yourself in Minnesota - I'm just north for 94 right over the Minnesota, WI border. I should have the kit in a month.

Quote Originally Posted by ThickCobra View Post
    The 35 hot rod really interests me. And, of course seeing the pics of an original restored has really piqued my interest. Is anyone looking to get close to the original in their approach or plan to stick with the SEMA version.?

I may have to look you up once you get rolling. I'm placing pins in a map as I look for places to drive my cobra...as the weather gets nice.
    Forte 427 Dart, TKO 600, Quick Fuel 780 carb. Delivered 9/2/2015, First start/Go Cart 2/18/2017.

Quote Originally Posted by AJT '33 View Post
    The more and more I look at the FFR creation and compare it to the REAL thing, the more I see that they have hit the mark, but of course this is still a Hot Rod that every builder will be able to make their own!
    1935ReoSpeedwagon_01_700.jpg
    I have been following the threads on the 35 truck, as I'm sure several people have. It would be a great project for my son and I. But, I really like the restored version in this pic. So, I have to ask whether the FFR version can be built to closely resemble the original, that is closer to a pick up truck vs a street rod.

More importantly, if an original version is doable, would the cost be enormous? And, is anyone doing it?