ReinCarNation

Visit our community sponsor

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Curvy Road G3 Coupe Build

East Coast Speed Machines Erik W. Treves's Avatar
    The Dash and the Shifter look great... nice piece you have there! Looks like it will work nice and the position is good. I did notice the tunnel top is drilled for rivets.... Have you thought about make the tunnel top removable? The interior looks like its well on it's way to be first class... would hate to have to rip into any covering if you ever need to in the trans area or worst case pull the tranny.
    Last edited by Erik W. Treves; 04-09-2018 at 07:19 AM.
    FFR 1879, Blown DSS 306,REDLINE management, VeryCoolParts Tuned 460RWHP

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

US ARMY Maintenance Test Pilot (CW4 Retired)

Quote Originally Posted by Erik W. Treves View Post
    The Dash and the Shifter look great... nice piece you have there! Looks like it will work nice and the position is good. I did notice the tunnel top is drilled for rivets.... Have you thought about make the tunnel top removable? The interior looks like its well on it's way to be first class... would hate to have to rip into any covering if you ever need to in the trans area or worst case pull the tranny.
    Sounds like a great idea, Erik! How did you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by forcefed1 View Post

There will be a total of 4 AC vents which each replicate my wheels.
    LOVE where you are going with this!! I'm VERY interested to see what where you plan to hide the A/C controls. The stock control set from FFR would look somewhat out of place, no?

brent

Thanks Eric! I can easily tap those rivet holes 10-32-to make that panel a good access panel for the future. Good idea. It's certainly fun melding all the ideas i see on the other builds and from previous cars into my own creation!

Dlirium... as for the AC controls, I was planning to build custom ones. I'm considering just designing a board and the dials and all and creating what I want. It is a very simple circuit. I will machine the dials to fit the car.

Im putting the last touches on the toggle button design tonight. I'm hoping to have the prototypes made by the end of the week.

I will say to plan ahead on your ac hoses. There isn't much room back behind the dash.
    Nolan
    65 coupe Gen 3 "Phoenix" build
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...032#post297032

818 s (with r windscreen ) 350 rwhp. Registered and street legal (SOLD)

Looks great!
    The golden rule of cardboard:”if it works in cardboard you can make it out of anything else”.

John
    Making progress on the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Fast EZ EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Big news this week is that the body is ready for sealer and should be getting painted late this week.
    I also got test spray samples of 7 colors. FINALLY choose my color. Hands down of the 7 finalists it's the one I was looking for all along.

I'm actually not ready for it.
    I thought for sure by the time I got to this point I would have been waiting for a month or so all finished. But NOPE. Im still messing around with the dashboard and installing the AC. the Air jack system I made is completely fabricated. Ready for trial fit and then powder coating. LOTS AND LOTS of custom details to finish up before I set the body on! Im so excited to see it installed though. Ill have to DO IT before the interior details are finished. Its not like the body holds all that back much.

For everyone wondering. My shifter consists of two parts I designed and then made in my cnc machine shop. Those parts BOLT directly to the stock mt-82 mustang transmission shifter mount points Mine is as SHORT AS IT GETS. It uses the stock mustang shift lever, knob,rubber boot pivot bushing and lockout.
    The shift pattern is just like stock. Position feels very good. Throw works well with my dash and racing seat. My design pivots the shift ball forward some to help with my long arms. Im 6'2" 195#

for the rest of the tranny if you look back you will see my mount that bolts right to the tranny but uses a urethane I found at autozone. I returned my driveshaft to FFR and made an adapter for the tranny. The adapter removed the factory rubber doughnut and then the driveshaft uses a common end on both sides. I had a custom driveshaft made locally.

I also had to make the clutch hydraulic. not a big deal just ordered a 7/8 willwood master cylinder. The large master cuts down the throw of the pedal and the pedal is not too heavy. this helps me again since im tall. It allowed me to adjust the clutch farther back and still have enough throw to work in the tranny.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123