FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Curvy Road G3 Coupe Build

Post Thanks / Like
    OK I fixed those broken photo attachments.

Thanks Gsides9!

It's been such a fun build I could definitely see something similar some other year.

Today after work, I worked on inside door panels. I made a pull handle from wood to verify my design before I go with aluminum. Im pretty happy with that. I also ordered leather swatches. With a little luck the mirror mounts will finish this weekend and Ill get those mounted to the doors.

I decided to go with door poppers. Future plans include glass windows. I don't want to install outside handles. I plan to hide a little switch in the wheel well. Anti theft is not a concern. All these interior challenges take me much longer. I have never done any interior work. This will be a good learning experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Forcefed1,
    All of yesterday's photos are now appearing just fine. Thanks!!
    Some wonderful looking ideas and construction you have there in your Coupe!!

Good idea regarding the hidden "outside" door latch. Why disturb the clean door when you can have a latch/door opening button hidden. Can't wait to see your design.

Regarding the door window in glass. There was a newly built Gen 2 Coupe by Andrew Freesh, that debuted at the Huntington Beach Cruise-In last month (April-2018) that had a custom glass fixed door window. If you can live with a fixed window (which I'm thinking that I can), it really looked slick!!
    I've got some detail photos of it if you're interested. P.S., that Coupe was also in a dark blue with silver/gray dual stripes.....outlined with a thin red line on the outer edges of the dual stripes!!!
    I'd like to contact Andrew myself about his car, but I cannot locate him anywhere in the Factory Five website or Forums, other than him being listed as winning 2018 Huntington Beach Cruise-In Best of Show Runner-Up.
    Below are a few photos of his car's door windows.

Revised 7-5-2018

Bob

Last edited by Bob Brandle; 07-05-2018 at 11:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW those windows look GREAT i like them a lot! NO track at all. I like that I wonder how rigid it is?
    I also like how he integrated the rear side windows right into the body.

Post Thanks / Like
    I managed to work on a few more details.
    as always here are some more photos.
    IMG_0297_1400x1050.JPG

I really like the sport mirrors. I never liked how low on the door they had to be mounted. I made some aluminum mirror brackets then powder coated them gloss black. It's a nice detail for sure.
    IMG_0274_1400x1050.JPG

I laser cut some rubber mount pads too IMG_0279_1400x1050.JPG

IMG_0278_1400x1050.JPG

IMG_0277_1400x1050.JPG

IMG_0296_1400x1050.JPG

I also made an aluminum center button to finish out the steering wheel.
    All the billet aluminum parts inside the car will be removed and hardcoat anodized grey.
    I bought some leather hides to wrap all the interior panels i'm fabricating in leather.

The door panels are ready to be wrapped. The inset part will get diamond quilted.

IMG_0299_1400x1050.JPG

IMG_0298_1400x1050.JPG

IMG_0303_1400x1050.JPG
    The door handles will stay billet aluminum. the inside is hogged out to save weight. Im planning to fill it with foam and leather padding.

I installed door popper solenoids as I preferred that look over the aluminum handles I made. It kept the door panel cleaner and opens on the outside with a hidden switch once i get windows installed..
    The door sills are installed too.

I should be doing all the leather work in the next few weeks as I learn how.
    let me know what you guys think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great finishing touches, and they all work well together. Nice Job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Brandle View Post
    I'd like to contact Andrew myself about his car, but I cannot locate him anywhere in the Factory Five website or Forums, other than him being listed as winning 2018 Huntington Beach Cruise-In Best of Show Runner-Up.
    Below are a few photos of his car's door windows.
    Bob,

Look for Spaceclam on the FFCARS forum

John
    Making progress on the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Fast EZ EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    John,

THANKS!!, Found the "Spaceclam Reveal" thread, etc. That's him, etc.

Forcefed1, the frameless fixed door glass on Spaceclam's Coupe was as solid as can be!

Bob

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234