I figured I would post another update.

I am missing parts all over the place to continue work on the mechanics. I have had the Kit about 7 weeks now and not one of the backordered parts has arrived.

Im still missing my steering rack and PS pump and mounts.
Radiator mount brackets
Rear suspension A armes
Exhaust
Header bolts
fuel tank pump mounts
Heat and AC...
plus a slew of other parts.

With so many parts missing, I lost momentum and started to loose motivation. NOW I have a week off from work and it's real cold out. Great time to work on my winter project right.
I switched gears to work on the body stuff.

I have not identified a shop to do the body and paint for me. From what I am seeing from others 2-3 months wait is standard.
Im looking for a shop that can do small & local car show quality paint and body work. In the past years I have done repair and restoration work myself including the paint and body work. Im too hard on my own work to enjoy the car once i'm finished. I find with body work I stare at the minor imperfections. and If i made them i know right where to stare. It's unsatisfying as the years go by. I plan to drive this car on the road a bunch. I am not looking to over complicate things with the color so candy coats and pearl top coats are not the direction I'm looking to go. BUT i do have detailed eye for very nice paint and body work. I personally do color sanding and polishing and very fine detailing of my other cars and i enjoy that part.

If anyone has a body shop they recommend, Let me know. Price is less important to me than quality and on time delivery. I dont mind it taking a few months but if you say 2 months 4-5 kills it for me.

SO, I switched things up and i'm working on getting the body ready for paint NOW. this should shrink the build time by a few months a hope.

My current plan for completion is June 1 2018. I would like to drive the car for a few months while the weather is nice this year. Hmm.... Sounds like I just set a date. It's not a deadline just a projection...

I got the rear on no-problem.

Then came the nose.
The nose took me about 6 hours to set and rough trim. Then another 6 to final set and install the latches. I installed the gas shocks right away. I was surprised how much it pushed the nose forward. I didn't have enough adjustment left in the joints to take that much out.
I would guess the gas shocks pushed the nose gap open 3/8 of an inch.

I ended up removing the shocks and the pivot mounts. I milled the slots in the pivot mounts deeper. after a few more hours and playing with placement of bumpers in the right areas, I'm real happy with how it is laying.
All the curves on the back of the nose are matching up with the body very well. The pontoon gap is matching up nicely. I sanded in my 3/16 gap on the nose and rounded the edges.
I powdercoated all the rear hatch and door brackets.

Today I'm working on the doors

IMG_9493_1067x800.JPG

IMG_9495_1067x800.JPG

IMG_9496_1067x800.JPG

IMG_9505_1067x800.JPG
as you can see here i shaved too much from the curved region I need to build up about 3/16" through a 12" region on this side. BUT that's it!

I plan to build it up with resin and chopped cloth.

IMG_9506_1067x800.JPG

In order to get the drivers side front pontoon to line up I had to shim up the front door area of the main body.
I had originally adjusted the front heim pivots until they were out of travel on that side. but then the curves were not matching where the body comes together.
several times i removed the front Heim joints and used jack stands to set the nose where it wanted to be in a relaxed state. There just wasn't enough travel

I ended up shaving very little from the passenger side of the nose and 1/2 inch from the drivers side before the gap at the pontoon matched the wheel arch in the nose.
IMG_9509_1067x800.JPG