Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UPDATE: So Far So Good? Spare Prayers For Megan & Baby!

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    UPDATE:

I wanted to let you all know that Megan has improved greatly and her pregnancy is progressing in a very normal manner.
    She is gaining weight and at this time doing quite well; however, she is dealing with nausea as many pregnant ladies do.
    Anyway, I wanted to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for my oldest daughter and our 1st grandchild that is expected to arrive sometime in August.
    Again, Thank You All For Your Thoughts & Prayers!

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Good news! Thanks for the update.
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

Post Thanks / Like
    GoDadGo,

Your family has my full support. Not just your daughter but your whole family. I unfortunately have both Crohn's disease and Eosinophilic Gastroenteritis which are very similar to UC, so I know what you are all dealing with. My families' support means everything to me and I am sure you mean just as much to her. I don't feel like my family gets enough credit, so I always try to recognize family members for supporting their loved ones who are sick. It is not easy. I have had a few really bad spells where my doctors had my family preparing for the worst and my family had to sit by feeling helpless. It was not easy for any of us and has shaped all our lives. However, my family gave me a reason to keep fighting and things have always gotten better.

Please try to remember that your daughter will bounce back too. There are ups and downs with this. It can be easy to fear the downs and be fixated on them but that is not a very good way to enjoy your life. With my wife, I came to realize what I want in my life and we going for it regardless of how easy or hard it is. It may be hard for a lot of people to understand, however, that is key. It is so easy when you have a chronic illness to start making excuses and saying what you can't do because of how much harder it is now. However, once you start doing that, you are passing up what you really want. What you want with your life is not really impacted by how hard it is to get. Only your willingness to do what is needed is impacted by how hard it is to get. I have basically decided that I am always willing to do what it takes and I have had a lot of success since making that decision. It has not been easy, but I am living the life I want to live. Your daughter can too. I think you may want to consider sitting down with her and having a talk about what she wants and how you can help her. I promises you it will mean a lot to her, even if she never actually asks for help. Another thing that will be hard for you and your family but will probably help your daughter is to be positive, upbeat, and energetic when she is not feeling well. Your daughter probably feels guilt that her sickness impacts her loved ones and that they worry about her. It can also depressing for her when she starts to feel sick again each time. I think having your family members in a good mood, trying to make you laugh and cheer you up can be a blessing when you are down in the dumps.

Sorry, I started just wanting to say I support you and your family and somehow this all came rushing out. If you or your daughter ever need someone to talk to about all this or want any advice on the medical side, please feel free to reach out to me at any point. I wish you all the best.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will keep your daughter and family in my prayers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Update:

1. Megan is remission and doing well.
    2. Her weight and the baby's size are all within "Normal" parameters for a tiny gal.
    3. She's due in mid August and is expecting a baby girl.

Thank You All For Your Thoughts & Prayers!

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Steve, I have added Megan to our prayer list as well and we are praying for her now as well as the baby. We are also praying for the team surrounding her. Please keep us updated. I'm happy to hear of the update.
    "Doddmoore," Mitchell Moore on facebook, Follow Tonks347Cobra on Instagram
    MK IV Complete kit, SB Ford 347, Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 500, Moser 8.8 Solid axle, Wilwoods, Power Steering
    My Build Thread: Tonks347, The Baker's Build
    Slow and steady wins the race.

Post Thanks / Like
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you all - glad to hear that things are turning around.

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats fantastic news Steve!

Jeff

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great news. God is good all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve, that's great news.
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,
    TKO, 3-Link, Heat, A/C, Electric Power Steering, Convertible top
    MK4 #9524 Picked up 1/18/19 306 Blueprint, T-5, 4-Link, Gas-N Pipes, Heater

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve-

Very pleased to hear this good news. Like many others, I will keep you all in my thoughts!

I look forward to seeing some pictures of a happy, healthy grandson and his happy, healthy Mom this summer. I know you all must be looking forward to seeing the newest member of your team!!

All the best brother!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Praise GOD from whom all healing flows!!
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks For Praying Gang!

Megan went to the High Risk Doctor again today and things are still looking good.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome!
    MK4 Complete Kit #9311 - Coyote, TKO600, IRS
    Ordered: 1/23/18 | Production Complete: 3/6/18 | Delivery: 3/30/18
    Build thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    UPDATE:

Today Is A Very Special Day!

I just wanted to share with you all that today we are having a "Baby Shower" for Megan, our oldest daughter.
    Her colitis has been in check now for months, she's gained much-needed weight and her pregnancy has progressed very well.
    With two more months to go (Geaux / Louisiana Word For Go) the entire family is thrilled.
    Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers because to get this far is a miracle.
    We will keep everyone posted from The Bayou State!

Steve
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 06-16-2018 at 07:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Megan has been on our prayer list since thew last post. We are also praying for the family and others surrounding her, especially at work where the load can hopefully be lightened. Our best to you and the family Steve.
    ~Mitchell~
    "Doddmoore," Mitchell Moore on facebook, Follow Tonks347Cobra on Instagram
    MK IV Complete kit, SB Ford 347, Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 500, Moser 8.8 Solid axle, Wilwoods, Power Steering
    My Build Thread: Tonks347, The Baker's Build
    Slow and steady wins the race.

Post Thanks / Like

Great news!
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Update:

Megan is now at full term and is due next week so she's almost there.

She and her husband just left "Camp Granny" and they a wonderful visit.
    For the record my Mom's goal is to hang around long enough to see this baby born.

Thank You All For Your Thoughts & Prayers!

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Catastrophy: Prayers needed for our buddy Steve

As many of you know, Steve (AKA GoDadGo)'s oldest Daughter Megan has been beating the odds and carried her baby to full term.

I just got this PM:

David,

Please delete this thread if you don't mind.

UPDATE: So Far So Good? Spare Prayers For Megan & Baby!

Megan is in I.C.U. and their daughter Agitha Nicole Abney wasn't as lucky.

As a family we are crushed so could you remove this thread?

Steven A. Larmann
    Go-Dad-Go

Steve I want you to know that I am crushed too, as evidenced by the tears I shed for Megan and dear Agitha. My very deepest condolences and prayers to you and your entire family during this time. My God give you solace and help heal your grieving heart.

I'll close your thread, but please forgive me in reaching out to you publicly. You are our friend and we care about you.

I'm so, so sorry for your loss.

David
    Last edited by David Hodgkins; 08-12-2018 at 09:58 PM.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve,

Our condolences for you, your daughter and Agitha.

Very Respectfully,

Carl Williams
    Mk 4 Roadster
    October 25, 2012 - Kit Arrives
    April 8, 2013 - Build Starts
    August 23, 2015 - Rolling Chassis/Engine & Transmission Installed
    March 26, 2016 - Go Cart

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to read this terrible news. Sorry for your loss Steve and thinking of you and your family.
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried to write earlier but my words I felt would do so little to ease the pain of what Steve and his family are going through. Anyone just has to read any of Steve’s posts or replies to know how good a person he is and this heartbreaking news is not fair. I truly am sorry Steve to you and your family.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I've spoken with Steve, and with his blessing I'm re-opening this thread. I've also merged the new thread I created this AM into this thread.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

24. Thanks carlewms thanked for this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123