Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Factory Five 818S (with soft top) (SOLD) - IL - Completed, Titled, and on the road

Post Thanks / Like

Factory Five 818S (with soft top) (SOLD) - IL - Completed, Titled, and on the road

2015 Factory Five 818 S
    $21,000 OBO

SOLD
    I had considered waiting until spring to list, but I figured the new owner might want to take the winter to personalize the car to their preferences (or maybe lives someplace where winter isn't such an issue).
    The car is fantastic (yes, my opinion is slightly biased). Great for local cruise nights and for longer drives (I sold my MkIII Roadster because it was a bit too punishing on longer drives). This could be used as is for casual HPDE track events, but it is not specifically set up for that. The soft top means you do not have to worry about a midday rain shower spoiling an opportunity to take a longer road trip or spend the day out with the car. It is not daily driver level of comfort or convenience, but just about as close as you are going to get in a car like this.

The Basics:
    • ~5,300 miles since completed in 2015 (Odometer reset done at same time as completion)
    • Red Gel Coat (unpainted)
    • Frame #264, Black Powder Coated
    • 2004 WRX sedan donor

Engine:
    • JDM EJ205 (approximately 57k miles on the motor) from JDM Racing Motors (includes AVCS hardware, but it is not wired up)
    • AWIC from FrozenBoost with dual heat exchangers in the side intakes
    • Currently running Cobb Stage 1 (will include the Cobb AccessPort)
    • Cobb Intake
    • Nameless lightweight crank pulley
    • STi oil pan, baffle, and pickup
    • Custom exhaust includes a bellmouth downpipe, catalytic converter, and a muffler (I will also include components for 2 other exhaust configurations – larger muffler with no cat and stock catted downpipe with no muffler, so you can adjust to your taste).
    • Lightweight Battery mounted in rear

Brakes/Wheels/Tires:
    • H6 Rear Brake upgrade
    • SS Braided Brake Lines
    • Factory Five Wheels with Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Spec Tires
    • Fully de-powered Steering Rack – very smooth

Exterior:
    • FFR Soft Top and side curtains
    • Carbon Fiber Add-ons from FFR (front splitter, diffuser, and spoiler installed). I also have the side sills, but have not installed.
    • Replica Parts engine cover hinges

Interior:
    • Vinyl covered dash and door panels from FFR
    • Complete carpet set (a few pieces have not been installed, but will be included)
    • NRG steering wheel with quick release
    • Sparco Sprint seats with G-force camlock 6 point harnesses
    • FFR Harness bar
    • Bluetooth amp tucked up under dash with 2 speakers in foot wells
    • Subaru center console modified to fit including small glove box, cup holder, phone tray, OEM 12V auxiliary plug, and carbon fiber panel with 3 gauges (oil pressure, voltage, and boost)
    • FFR trunk kit (fits the soft top and a tool bag, plus a few other small items)

Other:
    • Zero Decibel Motorsports Parts: Shift Linkage, Oil Fill Tube and Cap, Turbo Heat Shield, Coolant Tank Relocation Kit, ABS delete plugs, and harness bar standoff
    • SS Braided Clutch line
    • Subaru windshield wiper motor modified and installed (works with OEM stalk on steering column), but I never fit the single arm (hood requires a bit of clearancing and Rain-X handles the rain without a problem anyway).
    • Wheel wells and various other panels coated with 3M rubberized undercoating for OEM look and sound deadening
    • Various extras not installed including the WRX dashboard, the OEM Air-to-air intercooler, an MR2 shifter and various spare parts.

Additional Photos:

Areas for Improvement (I will mark these off if I take care of them, depending on how long it takes to sell the car):
    • Reverse lights flicker. I think the switch/sensor is going bad. It is a $20-30 part and easy to access, I just haven’t had a chance to troubleshoot it yet. Fixed 12/15/17
    • The foot wells need final finishing around the edges. I have covered some surfaces with a vinyl fabric similar to the dash, but I had planned to add moulding in the corners to make it look more finished.
    • The AWIC plumbing routing makes it difficult to bleed air out of the system. It is good for now, but if you change the fluid, you may want to add bleed lines at the same time or make minor changes to routing to make this easier.
    • The shifter takes some getting used to, even after the huge improvement that came with installing the Zero DB shifter linkage. I will include the MR2 shifter assembly, so you would just need to purchase shorter cables if you wanted to make the additional upgrade.
    • It has the original FFR gas tank. So when the tank is full, you will occasionally get some minor seepage around the fuel level sender seal. Not enough to pool or cause any immediate issues, but enough that you will smell it on hard right turns (like a highway off-ramp).
    • It is still in the Red Gel Coat, so there are various imperfections around the body.
    Last edited by billjr212; 01-25-2018 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Corrected typos

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by billjr212; 11-28-2017 at 10:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Added a couple small things to the listing (nameless lightweight crank pulley, ffr trunk kit). Beautiful day today in Chicagoland, so I took the car out for a short drive. Fantastic as always.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm, always looking for color options for my upcoming build. Would you mind telling me what color you used on the body?

Thanks
    Glenn

Post Thanks / Like
    The car is unpainted. It is the red gel coat from FFR.

Post Thanks / Like
    AH ok, you were fortunate in having the 'old' front clip without the parting lines. Thanks. I wish you well in selling it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fixed the backup lights this morning, so marking that off the issues list.

Post Thanks / Like
    Willing to trade ? I have an 04 z06 with 65k with lots of goodies in Va.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you send me a pm with more details?

Post Thanks / Like
    A couple of inquiries, but no sale yet. I will add that I am willing to consider trades. I'm not looking to upgrade, so it would be straight trade or trade plus cash from you. I would consider a Corvette or something more "family-friendly" like a Volkswagen Eos/Audi A4/A5 convertible plus cash.

I am also willing to meet within a reasonable distance to deliver or trade.

Happy New Year!

Post Thanks / Like
    Pm'd you.

Post Thanks / Like
    pm responded to. Still for sale.

Car is also now listed on eBay.

Post Thanks / Like

Serious buyer here!

Quote Originally Posted by billjr212 View Post
    pm responded to. Still for sale.

Car is also now listed on eBay.
    PM me you number. I am serious about buying this!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sale pending

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billjr212 View Post
    Sale pending
    Is it sold now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just put it on the truck to its new home in Florida.

Last edited by billjr212; 01-25-2018 at 05:39 PM.