Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lucas Wiper Switch

Post Thanks / Like

Lucas Wiper Switch

I have a Lucas wiper switch. The number of the switch is 39125. It has four terminals. My intent is to use this switch in place of the toggle that comes with the kit. As I understand it, this is the same switch that was used on the Superformance cars. The terminals are numbered 1, 2, 3, 4. See the pictures below. So I have two questions.....at least.

How would I go about wiring the switch to work with the wiper motor that is included with the kit?

Second question. In addition to rotating two positions, I assume "high" and "low," the shaft of the switch actually pulls out of the housing about an inch or so (see the picture below). What is the purpose of the shaft pulling out from the switch?

Thanks for the help.

Joel

20171130_135128.jpg
    20171130_135209.jpg
    20171130_135223.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Joel,
    Did you get this sorted yet? I have a schematic for that, a relay is required. I blew several fuses before I got it right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Pete,

I have not got it sorted out as yet. A schematic would be very helpful. Are you using the same switch???

Joel

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not using that switch, using the two position toggle, but you should be able to reason the terminals out with an ohm meter on your switch to figure out where continuity goes in each position in comparison. I'll look for it tonight and send a picture vie direct email. It came from a thread somewhere in the bowels of history here in this forum earlier this year. I found some similar schematics on line for a two speed Triumph Salon, but it was not correct, cost me a few fuses.
    Pete