FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  225
Likes Likes:  220

Thread: Edwardb’s Gen 3 Type 65 Coyote Coupe #59 Build: 5,000 Mile Report

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much Paul. Just wasn't sure how easy/hard the removal was going to be. I've got basically the same tools, so I'll give it a go. Good to know that the piece with the locking button doesn't get taken apart. That was what I figured would happen.
    Another question I forgot to ask, how did you center the pieces to get the holes drilled? I was going to make a template of the holes, and try to center it on the center point of the steering wheel and the adapter. Just don't know how accurate that will get me.
    Rick

Mk4 with Mr. Bruce FIA body, 331 w/ Speedmaster Stack Injection, Full Width Roll Bar with high brake lights by i.e.427, IRS, ABS, PS, PB, FAST FI, First start 3/30/20, First go-kart 7/5/20, paint by Ken Pike

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EZ$ View Post
    Another question I forgot to ask, how did you center the pieces to get the holes drilled? I was going to make a template of the holes, and try to center it on the center point of the steering wheel and the adapter. Just don't know how accurate that will get me.
    Nothing very fancy there either. Placed the quick connect pieces over their intended spots and marked the hole locations. Then using a micrometer measured and adjusted as necessary to get them exactly the same distance from the edge of the inner concentric holes. Center punched and measured again. Drilled an undersized hole and measured again. Couple I had to tweak with a needle file. Final drilled and tapped the adapter side. Everything centered up quite well. This is where a drill press really helps.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.