Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  225
Likes Likes:  220

Thread: Edwardb’s Gen 3 Type 65 Coyote Coupe #59 Build: 5,000 Mile Report

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paul, from the first time I contacted you about my possible purchase of my 20th kit I've followed your build threads. I've had many conversations with others from this forum about your attention to detail, your eye for what looks great. Your builds have been great from the start, but you knocked it out of the park on this one. Fantastic job!!!

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby

2. Thanks edwardb thanked for this post
    Likes edwardb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Legal! Getting Close Now

After passing the inspection and completing the title application early last week, I expected it would be some weeks as it's been in the past before the next step for the VIN tag and title. Imagine my surprise when the agent called yesterday and said he had the VIN tag ready to put on my car. Everything was approved. He said he'd looked over my application including a picture I had included with my application. Said he was anxious to see my car so could he come in the next hour or two? Of course I said yes and he was here not long after. We ended up talking cars for an hour or so after the tag was affixed under the dash near the FF engraved serial number. He said the title was in the mail, but I could go to the SOS office and get my registration and plate any time since the VIN was on file. That's an easy step, but will wait for the weather to officially warm up a bit. Could be another month or so, but I'll be watching. I have to have proof of insurance for the plate, so no point in getting in too much of a hurry if I can't drive it. But I'm ready and not much stopping me now.

I'm working on the A/C system. Getting it finalized and charged. Doing it myself as I had tentatively planned. I'll do an update when that's done. All new to me, so it's been a learning experience.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

4. Likes shark92651 liked this post