Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
Hey Paul what about the learning capabilities as you drive it. I remember we previously knew the computer could adjust the fuel +/- 25% I think. Do you feel with some more miles the rich condition may improve itself?
I know we both have been real pleased with the Lund tune so you probably wont be waiting to find out anyways. Just curious as to your thoughts on this.
Hey Scott. Yeah, of course I remember those conversations. Those were related to the warnings Ford Performance was giving us that we'd burn up our engines running lean without a custom tune. Which turned out not to be the case. They were the ones who told us the PCM could learn and trim up to +/- 25%. Then they agreed it would throw codes if more than it could adjust for. Since mine is throwing rich codes, I can only assume it's richer than it can compensate for. Will learning change that? I don't know. My guess is it's too far out. But all academic as you said, because Lund is going to work on it. They have the order. We're going to use my same nGauge as used on the Roadster so hoping it can happen quickly. Hope to see some progress next week if the weather cooperates.