FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  219
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
Results 1,121 to 1,159 of 1159

Thread: Edwardb’s Gen 3 Type 65 Coyote Coupe #59 Build: 5,000 Mile Report

Post Thanks / Like
    Paul - couple questions as I am planning my dash and where to fit everything behind it. I was studying some of the pictures I took of your car at the M1 Concourse show last year and see what looks like a rheostat and a button underneath the dash to the drivers side of your switch plate near the 12v USB outlet. I assume the button is for the wiper/washer system, and is the rheostat your dash lighting level?

Also if you know where you resourced your horn button I would appreciate it, if not no worries, I will find something similar (if you referenced it in your build I apologize if I missed it). It's nice, small, retro-looking, and doesn't stand out. I would like my dash to have simple switches and simple buttons that are consistent with each other and that button actually looks similar to the #7 coupe that was at the show. The more I think about my layout the more I appreciate the amount of thought and experience that went into yours with the little upgrades added here and there making it functional, but look very simple (under dash lighting being another example). I think that's a big part that makes the build fun. Thanks!

Last edited by rhk118; 08-27-2023 at 07:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rhk118 View Post
    Paul - couple questions as I am planning my dash and where to fit everything behind it. I was studying some of the pictures I took of your car at the M1 Concourse show last year and see what looks like a rheostat and a button underneath the dash to the drivers side of your switch plate near the 12v USB outlet. I assume the button is for the wiper/washer system, and is the rheostat your dash lighting level?

Also if you know where you resourced your horn button I would appreciate it, if not no worries, I will find something similar (if you referenced it in your build I apologize if I missed it). It's nice, small, retro-looking, and doesn't stand out. I would like my dash to have simple switches and simple buttons that are consistent with each other and that button actually looks similar to the #7 coupe that was at the show. The more I think about my layout the more I appreciate the amount of thought and experience that went into yours with the little upgrades added here and there making it functional, but look very simple (under dash lighting being another example). I think that's a big part that makes the build fun. Thanks!
    Thanks for the positive comments. Yes, a lot of thought went into how I did mine. For better or worse. Agree that’s one of the fun parts of these builds.

The momentary push button is for the Speedhut speedo. For calibration, resets the trip odometer, switches the display between screens, etc. My wiper/washer knob is on the center switch panel. Correct, the knob is for gauge light dimming. The horn button is a Lucas Electric part. I’m not home so can’t provide any more details right now. But hopefully that helps.

I’ve been following your build. Making good progress!
    Last edited by edwardb; 08-27-2023 at 10:04 AM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

3. Likes rhk118 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paul:

I am new to the forum and am starting my build. I have studied your build and are forever grateful for your work and guidance. I live in Traverse City. Did you post plans for the hood rollers? I cannot seem to find them . . .

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John B. View Post
    Paul:

I am new to the forum and am starting my build. I have studied your build and are forever grateful for your work and guidance. I live in Traverse City. Did you post plans for the hood rollers? I cannot seem to find them . . .

Thanks!
    Thanks. And hello to Traverse City from way down here in SE Michigan. I haven't posted any plans for the hood rollers. The post you found is all I've written. I do have a .pdf file that has tracings of the parts that several have asked for and should give you enough to duplicate. Send me your email in a PM and I'll email it to you. I can't attach the .pdf here on the forum.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    My build plan includes wipers and I’m going to do washers as well. Both are required by the Michigan safety inspection. I’ve gotten away without washers on the Roadster builds thanks to sympathetic LEO’s. But not going to try again, plus maybe with this build the wipers and washers might actually be usable and necessary. But I don’t want to work through the Lucas drama for wipers again, so looked for an alternative. Found reference to a company Specialty Power Windows located in Georgia on several other forums. Seemed all good. They sell various performance car power windows and wiper setups, including a universal wiper system WWK-2. Pretty old school. You actually have to call them to order. What??? Found that Speedway sells their products, was in stock, and with a few clicks here two days later. Looked it over today, put together enough to see how it works, and have a basic plan for installing. The overall design is similar to the Lucas variety with a moving cable going through wheelboxes. But it’s quite heavy duty and seems rock solid. Configuration, direction, and amount of sweep are all adjustable. Also in my digging around, found reference to a wiper/washer switch that does everything the usual DD does. Push for washer and several wipes, variable intermittent, high, low, and park. Cool! The one I bought is a Cole Hersee 75600-04. They sell a bunch of variations. After studying the switch schematic and the wiper setup, determined this was the right one. Clipped everything together temporarily, and it all works as it’s supposed to. The wiper kit doesn’t come with arms or blades. Need to figure that out. But even once those are added, what I’m going to install will still be cheaper than the usual Lucas knock-off and I think (hope) quite a bit better.

Had to chuckle a little bit. The literature says these wipers were the Best New Product of the Year at the 1991 NSRA nationals. My first reaction was these are maybe kind of an old design. Then on second thought realized that's 30 years or so newer than the Lucas style wipers. OK, that's progress. Here are some pics.

Inside of main mechanism. Orientation of the drive wheel determines direction. Different holes to adjust the amount of sweep. The wheel boxes come with a long driveshaft that can be shortened, which I probably will need to do. Everything gets packed with grease when assembled for good.

Motor and the Cole Hersee switch. I’ll be changing out the knob to match the others on the dash. Drive cable is in the background.

Expect to mount somewhere in this vicinity. Plenty of room and should link up OK with the wheelboxes.

I mentioned before about picking up the Breeze locking gas cap and installing into the LeMans cap. Got that done the other night. I’ve shown this including a full description in my other build threads, so won't repeat the details. Cut off the LeMans connection, hog out the flange for the regular cap, and bolt in. Not cheap, but an ideal setup IMO.

Spent more time on the interior layout. Feel like I’m about there. There are some amazing interiors out there. I’m trying to stay within the basic boundaries of the stock layout though. I’m thinking of putting together a small center switch panel. The ends will be boxed in and have the aux outlets. Only switches on the dash itself will be the ignition, headlights and horn button over by the gauges. Probably going to go keyless push button start. Turn signals will be the Russ Thompson unit with headlight low/high/flash to pass on the stalk button. Four A/C-Heat outlets on the face of the dash, and I’d really like to install a glovebox. Probably can’t be real deep because of all the hoses behind the dash, but I’m going to try. I’ll have to do some fabrication on the DS to move things over a bit to fit the outlet on that side. Brow piece is still optional at this point. I’m planning to have the panel with the gauges removable which opens the dash area for access and servicing. Thinking of finishes of vinyl, C-F and some red stitching. Along the lines of how the seats are finished. Something similar for door cards as well. Again, very preliminary but it’s a start. What do you think? At this point changes are as easy as cutting more kraft paper and printing switch images.

My first batch of powder coat pieces are promised for early next week. Also found out today Factory Five is sending out an update package for all Gen 3 Coupe buyers. There have been some sheet metal changes and maybe more. I’m really not sure. Some have gone out already. Mine is due in the next week or two. Good customer service Factory Five.
    Hi Paul,
    What wiper blades and arms did you end up using?

Thanks,
    Brent

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by burchfieldb View Post
    Hi Paul,
    What wiper blades and arms did you end up using?

Thanks,
    Brent
    When I completed in 2018 (it's really been that long... hard to believe) I used (2) ANCO Adjustable Wiper Arms 44-01 and (2) ANCO 52-Series Clear-Flex Wiper Blades 5215. I've shared that with several others at various times and heard that one or the other weren't available. Maybe that's changed, or maybe still the case. I did see that Scott (Namrups) much more recently used Wexco "J" type wiper arms from Amazon and 15" Anco wiper blades from Walmart. Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I completed in 2018 (it's really been that long... hard to believe) I used (2) ANCO Adjustable Wiper Arms 44-01 and (2) ANCO 52-Series Clear-Flex Wiper Blades 5215. I've shared that with several others at various times and heard that one or the other weren't available. Maybe that's changed, or maybe still the case. I did see that Scott (Namrups) much more recently used Wexco "J" type wiper arms from Amazon and 15" Anco wiper blades from Walmart. Hope that helps.
    Yeah, time does fly. I am over a year into the build now and likley have anther before I am on the road. This helps, thanks for the quick reply. It looks like the arms are out of stock. I will look into the one Scott used.

Post Thanks / Like
    The 15" on the passengers side hung over too far so I replaced it with a 14". Would have liked a 13" better but couldn't find one.
    Scott Pregont
    Present build: 65 Daytona Coupe #393 - Forte 427 EFI crate w/TKX 2.87/ .81 - Ordered 11/16/21 - Delivered 6/23/2022
    Build Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...na-Coupe-build
    My Albums
    Special Tools, Custom Parts, misc supplies: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/album.php?albumid=2045
    Garage Pics: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/album.php?albumid=2041
    POR15 First Try: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/album.php?albumid=2068
    Silicone application tips: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/album.php?albumid=2063

Post Thanks / Like
    That is good to know Scott. It looks like Wexco makes an adjustable in that 13 inch range.
    Screenshot_20240102_090919_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240102_090947_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

And it looks like the Autotex are the same and are a cheaper option.
    Screenshot_20240102_084744_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240102_090844_Chrome.jpg

It also looks like you can get them from Grainger, but the 14-18 inch is on backorder right now.

Screenshot_20240102_085925_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240102_085611_Chrome.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I was talking about the blade length not the arm length. If my memory is any good any more I believe I used the 11" arm length.
    Scott Pregont
    Present build: 65 Daytona Coupe #393 - Forte 427 EFI crate w/TKX 2.87/ .81 - Ordered 11/16/21 - Delivered 6/23/2022
    My Albums
    Special Tools, Custom Parts, misc supplies: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/album.php?albumid=2045
    Silicone application tips: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/album.php?albumid=2063

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Edward,

I’ve been reading your Coupe Build. It’s such a great resource, thank-you for your effort in putting it together!!

I’m building my Coupe now and I have a question about wheel spacers/adaptors. I’ve read about concerns with wheel separation. What is your experience with using them on your Coupe? Did you use hub-centric spacers or did you use hub rings to take up any difference between the hub and wheel diameter?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Hi Edward,

I’ve been reading your Coupe Build. It’s such a great resource, thank-you for your effort in putting it together!!

I’m building my Coupe now and I have a question about wheel spacers/adaptors. I’ve read about concerns with wheel separation. What is your experience with using them on your Coupe? Did you use hub-centric spacers or did you use hub rings to take up any difference between the hub and wheel diameter?
    Thank you. Appreciate the feedback. The build thread just keeps giving... I have had zero issues with the 1-inch wheel spacers on the rear wheels of the Coupe. Approaching 8,000 miles in three seasons. Also used them on my Truck build on all four corners. Also with zero issues. Based on other recommendations, I only use hub centric spacers made specifically for the hub size on each build. Pretty easy, they're Mustang dimensioned hubs and widely available. No hub rings nor would I recommend wheel spacers that require them. Same for spacers that only index on the lugs.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is good to know Scott. It looks like Wexco makes an adjustable in that 13 inch range.
    Screenshot_20240102_090919_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240102_090947_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

And it looks like the Autotex are the same and are a cheaper option.
    Screenshot_20240102_084744_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240102_090844_Chrome.jpg

It also looks like you can get them from Grainger, but the 14-18 inch is on backorder right now.

Screenshot_20240102_085925_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240102_085611_Chrome.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Namrups View Post
    Sorry, I was talking about the blade length not the arm length. If my memory is any good any more I believe I used the 11" arm length.
    Quote Originally Posted by Namrups View Post
    The 15" on the passengers side hung over too far so I replaced it with a 14". Would have liked a 13" better but couldn't find one.
    FWIW, just measured the installation on my Coupe. The Anco adjustable arms I used are set at 10.5 inches. I have 15 inch blades on each side. Yes, the passenger side blade does park right at the corner of the windshield and slightly onto the windshield trim rubber I installed. This can be minimized by adjusting where they park. But this size blade also gives the most wiping surface on the windshield. So there's the trade-off. Fortunately, mine have only been on in real use twice in three seasons, and each time only briefly. (Probably shouldn't say that out loud. ). But I'm also a wimp and intentionally don't drive it when the forecast is for rain. And yes, for out of town events, it rides in my Serpent Express. But call my Coupe a trailer queen only if you expect a serious glare.
    Last edited by edwardb; 01-02-2024 at 04:50 PM.

15. Likes Namrups liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    FWIW, just measured the installation on my Coupe. The Anco adjustable arms I used are set at 10.5 inches. I have 15 inch blades on each side. Yes, the passenger side blade does park right at the corner of the windshield and slightly onto the windshield trim rubber I installed. This can be minimized by adjusting where they park. But this size blade also gives the most wiping surface on the windshield. So there's the trade-off. Fortunately, mine have only been on in real use twice in three seasons, and each time only briefly. (Probably shouldn't say that out loud. ). But I'm also a wimp and intentionally don't drive it when the forecast is for rain. And yes, for out of town events, it rides in my Serpent Express. But call my Coupe a trailer queen only if you expect a serious glare.
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the follow up, very helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the good pics and info. The only reason I was going to use only a single wiper is, I may have painted myself into a corner. I mounted my fuse block on the firewall and was concerned about the bar going across to the driver side wiper being in the way. But I see by your pics that the motor gets mounted to the right of where I mounted the fuse block. It also looks like the bar does not run to close to the firewall. My fuse block protrudes 1.5" from firewall. Will the bar clear? I wasn't thinking about wipers when mounting fuse block. My mistake. If bar not an issue, I will "CALL" them and order. Thanks a bunch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott e View Post
    Thanks for the good pics and info. The only reason I was going to use only a single wiper is, I may have painted myself into a corner. I mounted my fuse block on the firewall and was concerned about the bar going across to the driver side wiper being in the way. But I see by your pics that the motor gets mounted to the right of where I mounted the fuse block. It also looks like the bar does not run to close to the firewall. My fuse block protrudes 1.5" from firewall. Will the bar clear? I wasn't thinking about wipers when mounting fuse block. My mistake. If bar not an issue, I will "CALL" them and order. Thanks a bunch.
    Neither the typical Lucas knock-off wipers or the Specialty Power Windows model use a bar. They both use a flexible spring-like cable inside a tube that you can bend however necessary. Within certain limits. The cable is long enough that you can mount the motor elsewhere if necessary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott e View Post
    If bar not an issue, I will "CALL" them and order. Thanks a bunch.
    No need to call. Speedway sells them. Free shipping.

Specialty Power Windows WWK-2 Standard Universal Wiper Drive Kit

20. Thanks Fat Larrys Garage thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Edward B,
    I am building a gen 3 coupe. I have studied your beautiful build for quite a while now. Congradulations!
    If you have time would you mind contacting me. I am having a difficult time installing the Corbeau seats (fixed back, no heat). I cannot fit the seat between the seat belt tie downs therefore can not move it back as far as you have shown in your blog. These are the same model and p/n you used.

Thanks, Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdr View Post
    Hi Edward B,
    I am building a gen 3 coupe. I have studied your beautiful build for quite a while now. Congradulations!
    If you have time would you mind contacting me. I am having a difficult time installing the Corbeau seats (fixed back, no heat). I cannot fit the seat between the seat belt tie downs therefore can not move it back as far as you have shown in your blog. These are the same model and p/n you used.

Thanks, Tim
    Thanks. The Coupe is patiently waiting out the Michigan winter. Can't wait for spring to get it back out. My Corbeau Sportline Evolution-X 64901F seats were purchased in 2018 directly from Corbeau USA. So coming up to six years ago. Scott Pregont (Namrups) used the same seats in his Coupe build several years later. He reported a similar situation, e.g. didn't fit between the seat belt attachment brackets. After some discussion back and forth, we figured Corbeau must have made changes to the seats and as I recall also the bases (sliders) I used. He figured out something to make everything work, although I don't know the details. I would suggest taking a look at his build thread (https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...na-Coupe-build) and reach out to him as needed. I would be happy to help if I could. But I don't know what that would be. Good luck with your build and hope you can work this out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Paul is correct. Both the seat and the sliders are a little different. The width of the seats is wider and the height of the sliders is higher making it impossable to fit the seat between the seatbelt tabs and because the slider is taller the top of the seat rubs the roll bars. My solution was to purchase MK4 seat mounts from Breeze and modified them and the sliders. It allowed me to use the slider portion and also tilted the seat back by raising the front of the seat ~ 2 inches. It lowers the top of the seat away from the rollbars and even though it still doesnt fit between the tabs by being tilted it allows for most of the seat to sit back further. IMO it is more comfortable in this position to. My aluminum panels were already installed when I noticed this difference. I might have concidered moving the tabs if they were not. Hope this helps.
    Scott Pregont
    My Albums

Post Thanks / Like
    Ed finally got my permission to post now so all good

Post Thanks / Like
    Ed how do you like the KRC power steering setup and would you happen to know the model of the AC Compressor that came in your kit from Factory Five I have a brand new unit from Vintage Air just thought maybe I would ge lucky

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Larrys Garage View Post
    Ed how do you like the KRC power steering setup and would you happen to know the model of the AC Compressor that came in your kit from Factory Five I have a brand new unit from Vintage Air just thought maybe I would ge lucky
    As I recall, your build is with a Coyote, right? Like this Coupe build. The compressor from Factory Five was a Ford part number CR33-19497-BA. Brand: Zexel. Type: DKS-17DS. Listed for 05-14 Mustang 5.0 V8. Again, that was almost six years ago. So could vary from what they supply now. But the main point is that it's a Ford OE compressor for a Mustang. Bolts directly into the A/C compressor location on the Coyote. Might not be the case with the more generic Sandens that Vintage Air typically provides. I've used KRC power steering setups on several builds. Including the two Coyote builds. Very high quality and directly bolt to the Coyote and don't interfere with the A/C compressor location like some other options. Ford doesn't have an OE solution for engine driven hydraulic power steering. Their models all use electric powered racks.

- Paul B.
    Last edited by edwardb; 01-18-2024 at 02:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ed thank you your making it easy for me so thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    He's still going!!!!
    Gen3 Coupe - SOLD Arrival: 6/21/18 SOLD: 4/12/2019
    Current Vehicle: 2014 SRT Viper (modded to the moon), 2022 TRX, 2014 RS6, E46 LS3 M3
    Current Projects: Superlite/RCR GTR ***FOR SALE***
    @madd_wrapps on IG or www.maddwrapps.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Paul I believe you mentioned in one of your post that the front hinge mount was hitting the aluminum radiator shroud am I remembering that correctly

Post Thanks / Like
    Paul I believe you mentioned in one of your post that the front hinge mount was hitting the aluminum radiator shroud am I remembering that correctly
    The hood hinges hit the aluminum side pieces in the radiator tunnel as I recall. Not the radiator fan shroud if that's what you meant. That's not a kit part. The overall hood setup, with the hinges having the wrong angle (some re-weld, I added a wedge), the interference already mentioned, and the fit of the A/C condenser (I used a different one) all was pretty disappointing to be honest. Definitely the most underdeveloped part of the kit. Again, 6+ years ago. I would hope with continuous improvement and the number of Coupes that have been sold since then these issues have been addressed. But I don't know. All you can do is mock everything up and address whatever issues you have. A standard practice for me on the entire build actually.

Post Thanks / Like
    My coupe was delivered in June of 2022 and had the same issues.
    Scott Pregont
    My Albums

Post Thanks / Like
    Paul,
    Do your wipers have the swivel head?

Thanks,
    Brent

Post Thanks / Like
    Paul,
    Do your wipers have the swivel head?

Thanks,
    Brent
    Yes.

Post Thanks / Like

60 Degree Michigan Winter Day -- Time for Winterizing

60 degrees and no coat outside in February in Michigan? Yup, that's what we have today. Lots of salt on the roads so no driving. But decided it's time to get around to my usual winterizing. I put the Coupe up on the Race Ramp FlatStoppers in early November and haven't touched it since. I usually do the oil change and annual maintenance at the end of the driving season. But got lazy this year plus kind of focused on my other project. Ran out of excuses today. So up on the lift and changed the oil and filter. Initial look over doesn't show any issues, but I'll dive deeper tomorrow. I only drove just under 1,100 mile last season. Less than usual. Busy plus split driving time with the 35 Truck. Total mileage on the Coupe is 6,339 and about to start it's fourth full season already. The Gen 3 Coyote started almost immediately after sitting for 3 months. Have to love that. Snapped this picture while up on the lift letting the barely used oil out. But I'm honoring the Ford recommendation of one year regardless of miles. Fuselage pieces of my airplane project in the foreground. Finished wings, finished empannage, and a bunch of parts in the basement. Right now a little stalled waiting for backordered parts. Sound familiar?

35. Likes JimStone, MSumners, rhk118, Higgybulin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paul I thought the Daytona was fast enough I see you want to come off the ground I assume home built airplane pretty cool

37. Likes edwardb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paul do you have any issues with your brakes on the Daytona it appears your brake lines are above the master cylinders I really don’t think it matters since it’s a pressurized system

Post Thanks / Like
    Paul do you have any issues with your brakes on the Daytona it appears your brake lines are above the master cylinders I really don’t think it matters since it’s a pressurized system
    Absolutely none. They work great. At 750-800 PSI and up, gravity loses.

Just in case you meant the supply lines from the reservoir, those are fed by gravity. No issues there either.
    Last edited by edwardb; 03-09-2024 at 04:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah that’s what I thought thanks for the reply I have my setup similar to yours

Post Thanks / Like
    Paul: I have been reading your thread more and more. I think I am going to pull the trigger on the coupe base kit in the fall and buy my 363 short block this summer. As much as I like the Coyote, a 363 with stacks is a must for me on this build. I even love the color you put on your car as House of Kolor has some awesome reds like their apple red semi-candy Shimirin II color. I am not a "BLUE" person, so like you, I have to do something a bit different. Being on opposite sides of the country, not likely both of our cars would show up at the same venue.
    If there is ANYTHING you would do different, please post or PM me. I can't imagine you ran into much that you wouldn't do again, but there are probably a couple of items.

Thanks, Alan
    Last edited by Alan_C; 03-10-2024 at 08:39 PM.
    MK4 base kit, 2004 Mach 1 donor, 4.6L DOHC, TR-3650 5-speed, narrowed stock axle with 3.55 gears and TruTrac, PS, PB, ABS, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, dual roll bars, Kirkey high back seats, with paint by Jeff Miller, registered 9/2014, sold 3/1/2018.
    New project, 1970 Mustang Fastback Coyote powered restomod. Started 10/14/16.
    http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/bu...mod-build.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan_C View Post
    Paul: I have been reading your thread more and more. I think I am going to pull the trigger on the coupe base kit in the fall and buy my 363 short block this summer. As much as I like the Coyote, a 363 with stacks is a must for me on this build. I even love the color you put on your car as House of Kolor has some awesome reds like there apple red semi-candy Shimirin II color. I am not a "BLUE" person, so like you, I have to do something a bit different. Being on opposite sides of the country, not likely both of our cars would show up at the same venue.
    If there is ANYTHING you would do different, please post or PM me. I can't imagine you ran into much that you wouldn't do again, but there are probably a couple of items.

Thanks, Alan
    Hey Alan. So another commission check will be in the mail? Cool You'll love the Coupe. We sure do ours. I think I've mentioned that a few times. There's very little I would change. I'm a big Coyote fan, so wouldn't change that. But I understand where you're coming from. I would definitely add more insulation along the sides below the doors, as I mentioned in the thread a couple times. I added some after the build was done. Maybe helped a little. But have to think something more effective could be done while it was still open during the build. I'd probably leave the trim off the windshield. Talked about that too. I had to change out a broken windshield and that trim made the process way harder than it needed to be. The supplied windshield would be fine without the trim. Although polishing the edge (it's not) would improve the look. The only other thing I can think of is I'm kind of on the bubble with the Digital Guard Dawg pushbutton start. It's a cool feature I guess, but it's the single piece of the build that I had to repair/replace. And in general it's a little fiddly to use. Very sequence oriented and if you lose your place, can be a little frustrating. I'm pretty used to it. But would think a bit before using one again. Those are all pretty minor. I'd do everything else exactly the same without hesitation. Good luck.

43. Thanks Alan_C thanked for this post
    Likes Alan_C liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paul,
    Could you tell me what the panels is to the left of the firewall extension, the one that has a similar shape as the dash panel? It looks foreign to me but it may be a customer piece that you made.
    Thank you,
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MC Builders View Post
    Paul,
    Could you tell me what the panels is to the left of the firewall extension, the one that has a similar shape as the dash panel? It looks foreign to me but it may be a customer piece that you made.
    Thank you,
    Mike
    Hi Mike. Can you post a picture or point to a post that shows what you're describing? I don't recall fabricating any parts in the area you described. Looked through my pictures to confirm. I did modify how the parts on the dash attach, e.g. made all the fasteners hidden. But used kit parts.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829