Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  220
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
Results 1,161 to 1,164 of 1164

Thread: Edwardb’s Gen 3 Type 65 Coyote Coupe #59 Build: 5,000 Mile Report

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Larrys Garage View Post
    Paul on your interior is that carpet from FFR or your interior shop
    Yes, the standard kit supplied Coupe carpet kit. I've used it on all my builds. Sometimes doesn't get a lot of love, but I've found it works fine. I always use floor mats and a pad by the accelerator. Will wear in the those areas but everywhere else seems to hold up fine. I tried a recommended alternative (Bentley) for one of my builds. But ended up putting it in the trunk as still used the kit carpet.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hola Paul,

I'm not good at these posts and maybe I shouldn't have put this post here but thought it might be close.

I've completed my Daytona. My builder said it was easy. All I had to do was follow edwardb's posts and it all came out fine.

Now I am fine tuning the setup for the track. I just did my first day with a professional driver in the left seat. He is a brave man to take out an unknown quantity and try and make it work on a race track, ECR (Eagles Canyon Raceway ten miles away).

My car had terrible oversteer. I have installed the FFR front and rear sway bars. My drive buddy says we need to loosen up the back and tighten up the front. After our session we put the car on the lift and tried to move the rear sway bar back a couple notches but the supplied rod ends don't appear to be adjustable to reach. The front sway bar presently also does not appear to be vertical and the rod ends are also slanted a bit. The spacer appears to be too big.

I know you don't track your car but your familiarity with all things Daytona I thought you might give me some direction on who to ask for set up issues with the sway bars.

I did get a trophy in the car show at SVRA weekend at ECR thanks to your input.

Best,

Lou Garvin

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lougarvin View Post
    Hola Paul,

I'm not good at these posts and maybe I shouldn't have put this post here but thought it might be close.

I've completed my Daytona. My builder said it was easy. All I had to do was follow edwardb's posts and it all came out fine.

Now I am fine tuning the setup for the track. I just did my first day with a professional driver in the left seat. He is a brave man to take out an unknown quantity and try and make it work on a race track, ECR (Eagles Canyon Raceway ten miles away).

My car had terrible oversteer. I have installed the FFR front and rear sway bars. My drive buddy says we need to loosen up the back and tighten up the front. After our session we put the car on the lift and tried to move the rear sway bar back a couple notches but the supplied rod ends don't appear to be adjustable to reach. The front sway bar presently also does not appear to be vertical and the rod ends are also slanted a bit. The spacer appears to be too big.

I know you don't track your car but your familiarity with all things Daytona I thought you might give me some direction on who to ask for set up issues with the sway bars.

I did get a trophy in the car show at SVRA weekend at ECR thanks to your input.

Best,

Lou Garvin
    Hello Lou. Congrats on your completed Coupe and award. Glad my build thread may have been of some use. You're right, I don't track my Coupe. Only on the street and the standard Factory Five sway bar setup isn't limiting me at all. (Or at least if it is, I don't know it. ) I can't give you any specific recommendations. I'd suggest you make a new post describing your situation. There are others on here with track experience and I'm sure could offer some advice. Good luck.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of Autocross and track days between Dave and myself and we will both tell you to ditch the rear bar.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930