BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: gen 3 custom power steering and degas tank.

Post Thanks / Like

gen 3 custom power steering and degas tank.

we made a power steering tank, and degas tank for the 5.0 coyote for the gen 3 couple. we wanted to utilize the space in the frame in the front on the engine bay for these tanks. the degas tank uses a factory cap for the gen2 5.0, so no need to add the factory fill port. the tank acts as the over flow, and fill point. if anyone is interested will can make more sets, this is the first set, gunna make some changes for the next set. any questions just let me know. sorry the pictures are not the best, still learning how to post correctly on this forum

tank1.JPG
    tank2.JPG
    tabk3.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice. How much for a PS tank?
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey mike, I’m assuming your gunna want the tank on the opposite side I have it due to your cooling fill port. We can make that easily for you, and place the filler neck and cap anywhere on the top you’d like. On the bottom of the tank we use a 5/8 weld on nipple for the pump inlet, 5/16 for the return from the rack. Not sure on price yet, probably like 80ish.

East Coast Speed Machines Erik W. Treves's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    YEAH... no kidding.. how much for the PS tank
    FFR 1879, Blown DSS 306,REDLINE management, VeryCoolParts Tuned 460RWHP

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

US ARMY Maintenance Test Pilot (CW4 Retired)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Erik, was good talking to you at the sema show. Appreciate the advice and taking a look at you gen 3. The power steering tank is easy to make and doesn’t require much labor. I’ll get you guys a final price. I put my ps tank on the passenger side cause there was less room. On the driver side I could make the degas tank deeper, for more volume. I’ll just need to know which side you’d prefer it on.

Post Thanks / Like
    These two tanks look really good!! I'll be following their development and availability. My Gen 3 Coupe purchase and build start are for the second half of 2018, so I'm a ways away from making a purchase of these tanks. I also like the required routing of the air intake pipe & filter to a forward and straight down orientation. I assume that the battery, is relocated elsewhere in the car? Where? Can you show some photos?
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks glad you like the tanks. Yes we relocated the battery to the back of the car so I could run the cold air intake I wanted to run. Plus I also like the look on the intake running down as well. We made a box for the battery to sit in, just gotta finish the cover and then carpet the cover so hopefully you won’t really notice it once it’s all done.
    E35C76A1-C25B-4C56-BE34-41936D7BAAB9.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have a side pic showing the vertical interface with the tubing? Or does it immediately move away from the rubbing once leaving the top mounting? I ran my brakes there. Coming down from the top is why I ask.
    Nolan
    65 coupe Gen 3 "Phoenix" build
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...032#post297032

818 s (with r windscreen ) 350 rwhp. Registered and street legal (SOLD)

Post Thanks / Like
    PM sent.
    Gen 3 Coupe #68, Ordered 10/23/17, Picked up 01/06/18

Post Thanks / Like
    j65mustang,
    Are you still in the business or position to supply a set of these triangular tanks for the Gen 3 Coupe? I just placed the order to Factory Five for my Gen 3 Coupe, have know about your tanks since your first above Dec. 2017 post and would like to purchase a set.
    Even though I don't really need them for a year or more, I'd sure like to secure a set.
    Bob

11. Thanks Indy Shu thanked for this post