BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cadillac rear caliper mounts

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac rear caliper mounts

i had a set of rear brake caliper mounts made to use the same set up on the rear as my front. hes going to make 10 more sets. if anybody would be interested price is unknown until he gets back to me in a few days. i can text pics if interested pm me number and i can send them. will become supporting vendor if theres interest in them thanks

2013-2015 ATS Brembo calipers
    2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V brake pads
    2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Caliper pin kit
    2004 STI 5x100 front rotors

Post Thanks / Like
    Any word on prices yet? I'm on The fence about upgrading at this point. I'd have to convince the CFO to justify this upgrade.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Samiam1017 View Post
    i had a set of rear brake caliper mounts made to use the same set up on the rear as my front. hes going to make 10 more sets. if anybody would be interested price is unknown until he gets back to me in a few days. i can text pics if interested pm me number and i can send them. will become supporting vendor if theres interest in them thanks
    I'm interested for my second car.
    Bob
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    2013-2015 ATS Brembo calipers
    2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V brake pads
    2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Caliper pin kit
    2004 STI 5x100 front rotors
    So you're using the ATS (non-V) front 4-piston Brembos on the rear of your 818? How are you doing the parking brake?

Post Thanks / Like
    What size wheel do you need to fit these calipers? Will a 17" wheel clear or would it have to be an 18?

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a link that has the Cadillac brake discussion. http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...upgrades/page2.

Post Thanks / Like
    MK3.1 Roadster completed 2011
    818R built with EZ36R H6 completed 2018
    818R rebuild with a JDM Honda K24A

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lsfourwheeler View Post
    So you're using the ATS (non-V) front 4-piston Brembos on the rear of your 818? How are you doing the parking brake?
    im using a hydraulic line lock

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by autostang View Post
    What size wheel do you need to fit these calipers? Will a 17" wheel clear or would it have to be an 18?
    i have 17in fronts and they clear but im using 18in rears

Post Thanks / Like
    i will know pricing thursday night im haveing a 10 pair run prices out to start

Post Thanks / Like
    where i am at on my brakes
    willwood pedals
    4 sti rotors cheaper street rotors
    4 Cadillac calipers
    4 pr street pads
    retaining clips for pads
    cadillac swap front caliper mount kit
    im at around 1400 total
    i didnt pay for rear mounts or masters for the pedal assembly

Post Thanks / Like
    if somebody would like to post pics for me i can text them 57085240 three four thx

Post Thanks / Like
    if somebody would like to post pics for me i can text them 57085240 three four thx
    I'm posting these 2 picture for Samiam1017

brake adaptor.jpg wheel.jpg
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks bob

Post Thanks / Like
    A pair will be $195 shipped in the continental usa will include two caliper adapter plates, hardware to mount caliper to mount , hardware to mount bracket to your bare hub.
    thats based a a 10 pair run at a time. if your interested on a set lmk thanks. if it looks like 10 sets will go i will register as a vendor also thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    i have 4 sets available if anybody is interested message me thanks

East Coast Speed Machines Erik W. Treves's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PM sent
    FFR 1879, Blown DSS 306,REDLINE management, VeryCoolParts Tuned 460RWHP

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

US ARMY Maintenance Test Pilot (CW4 Retired)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Just courteous to know what the bolt spacing is for the caliper mount holes C to C? If it’s a common say 5-1/4” they would also work with various calipers from a vendor like Wilwood.
    Last edited by biknman; 07-09-2018 at 06:50 AM.
    FFR 818r Instagram biknman69
    2020 Ram 2500HD, 19 Forester Touring DD, 96 GM coupe for SCCA SM
    “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”
    • Ernest Hemingway

Post Thanks / Like
    biknman i will have to get a measurement tomorrow for you as im not at the shop tonight.
    erik ill message you tomorrow night also as all the kits are at the shop also thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    one set left if anybody is interested he has enough material to make 4 more sets if theres a demand thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    will these brackets fit the stock 2004 WRX Wagon (non STI) rear hubs? I know I need new rotors but between rotors and cadillac calipers this will all work? also is the parking brake not in the inside side of the rotor with 2 small shoes. it should be separate from the caliper. I am very interested in this.

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry did not read the origional post properly to see you were using front rotors on the rear.

fasterer and furiouser longislandwrx's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    wondering about the spacing as well... trying to put together a rear brake kit that doesnt use the factory ebrake... thanks!
    A well stocked beverage fridge is the key to any successful project.

Post Thanks / Like
    20180603_125507.jpg20180603_125514.jpg20180603_175345.jpg20180603_154805.jpg

This is my setup with the brackets. I have 2002 Wrx spindles with no parking brake. I am using a drift handle to apply the rear brakes like a parking brake. I had to add a 5mm spacer to keep the wheels from rubbing the calipers.

fasterer and furiouser longislandwrx's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for that... can you measure the caliper bolt spacing? id like to cut these down like the p&l brackets so I can install without doing the bearings... again.
    A well stocked beverage fridge is the key to any successful project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by taco20 View Post
    20180603_125507.jpg20180603_125514.jpg20180603_175345.jpg20180603_154805.jpg

This is my setup with the brackets. I have 2002 Wrx spindles with no parking brake. I am using a drift handle to apply the rear brakes like a parking brake. I had to add a 5mm spacer to keep the wheels from rubbing the calipers.
    Can you explain how a drift handle helps you have a parking brake when you just have calipers w/o internal drums? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankc5r View Post
    Can you explain how a drift handle helps you have a parking brake when you just have calipers w/o internal drums? Thanks

IMG_20140727_184325_099.jpg
    I have the rear brake line going into the drift handle/parking brake. It applies both the rear calipers and has a lever to hold the handle up thus acting like a parking brake. Some states might not like the parking brake not being separate but I track my car more then anything so no big deal to me.
    Last edited by taco20; 08-04-2018 at 08:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for reply

Post Thanks / Like
    Similar to taco20 - Im installing the same concept - except mine has dual hydraulic handbrake (drift brake with bracket) so that i can retain Subaru ABS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey - checking for some help here... Ive installed Samian's rear brake caliper mounts along with new AVS (brembo callipers). Ive used 326 x 30 Brembo rotors. However my callipers are mounted too far from the centre of the hub? The could be moved inward at least 10mm - the outside 10-12mm of brake pad is not in contact with the rotor and the centre of the rotor is not contacting with the pads either?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know that it’s tough to start a parts business and that you’re trying to help other builders with what looks like a really good product, but, you are going to have to become a registered vendor if you wish to continue with sales of these brackets (or any other parts/service.)

It’s been approximately 9-months since you first posted this topic (and mentioned that you would become a vendor) so I’m going to ask that you do so.

This thread will be locked and any further similar topics will be deleted until the vendor registration is completed. If you have any questions please contact me or any of the other Moderators/Admin staff.

Ray
    Last edited by Ray; 09-18-2018 at 02:30 PM.
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue