Just to add another thought to the thread;

I wanted a Cobra from way back in '64 when a friends son bought one of the first 289 Cobras from 'Ol Shel . . . White with blue stripes. I got a few rides in that car and was "bitten" way back then.

Fast forward to modern times and F5 comes out with a replica I can afford. Having been a FORD mechanic for a good part of my younger days, I felt I could easily build a car, heck, I had been working on cars since elementary school (about 10). I pretty much knew what I was getting in to and signed up for the whole package; busted knuckles, things that would need band-aids, ice packs to sore muscles, Advil and 1000's of trips to the hardware store for everything imaginable, not to mention countless hours skimming thru Summit, Jegs, Speedway and a few others.

Yup, signed up for the "E" ticket ride . . . cold mornings, hot afternoons, rain, wind, sore back from untold hours in the MK I fiberglass seat (now replaced with MK IV), the smell of gas, the loud pipes, no PS, no PB, no A/C or heat, no top, no windshield wipers, no defroster, or anything you can imagine that would make me think I'm in a modern car.

But I love it . . . the raw power, the constant roar of the pipes, the thumbs up and the smiles from on-lookers as I pass by. I can just imagine what their thoughts are; "Wish I had one of those . . ."
Bottom line here is, I bought / built my car to be just what it is, the way it is. Wouldn't trade that feeling for a newer vehicle, might own a few of them, but wouldn't trade down for anything available now-a-days for my Cobra.

Some day I'll have to sell her, I hope the next owner is as willing to experience what I have experienced, knowing the car is NOT a modern luxury ride, but rather a refined brick.

Doc