Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Accelerator pedal bracket

Post Thanks / Like

Accelerator pedal bracket

I don't seem to be able to identify the bracket for the cable operated accelerator pedal.
    It is part number 80420. I know I received it with the kit, but I cannot identify it.
    The manual does not really show a good photo of it.
    Does anyone out there have a photo?
    I appreciate any help.
    Last edited by redbudrr; 12-17-2017 at 09:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn't able to find a picture of the bracket but it's just a piece of bent sheet metal about 9" long and about 1.5" wide. On pg. 185 of the manual, you'll see that the bracket goes behind the accelerator pedal mount - the top of the bracket attaches to the top frame rail and the bottom attaches to the firewall. From the picture, you'll see there are 4 slight bends and 3 holes in the bracket. Some people have modified this bracket (myself included) for a more sturdy attachment of the pedal and more range. When I originally installed the bracket and pedal per the FFR manual, I could only get about 80% TPS before the pedal hit the firewall, the mod fixed that. Here's a description:

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...l=1#post186146

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your feedback. I found the piece. I had put the pieces I had powder coated in the trunk of my car, and that one flat piece in black on the black carpeting got left in the trunk. I got it installed today. After I installed it, I had to remove it so I could get the throttle cable bolted in. I had trouble with the plastic piece too, does not want to fit. Will probably try and get a rubber grommet that will work. Another trip to the hardware store!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redbudrr View Post
    I had trouble with the plastic piece too, does not want to fit. Will probably try and get a rubber grommet that will work. Another trip to the hardware store!!
    I could not get the plastic piece to fit. I tried "shaving" it down on the inserted side but I eventually broke a tab - I still need to go back and come up with a solution for that little set back.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The OEM piece works well if you can find it (obviously - it was made for that hole .)

I was lucky enough to have saved mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the OEM piece as well, never thought about using it, but its a perfect fit.
    Will get it into use tomorrow. Thank you!!