Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: trunk hindges

Post Thanks / Like

trunk hindges

Hi , I was wondering , if a guy purchased an older ff kit , can they be changed to accept the hidden trunk hindges of the later kits ?
    Thanks , Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not Factory Five (obviously). But see you haven't received a response and they're closed for the holidays now. Here's a response FWIW. I'm assuming you're asking about the Roadster. You don't say. But if so, the hidden trunk hinges Factory Five introduced with the Mk4 Roadster include changes to the inner shell and integral attachment points in the lid itself. So to use, you would really need to change to this lid and add the chassis attach points. A Mk4 trunk lid will fit some earlier Roadsters, as I understand, but I can't say for sure plus you don't specify which older kit version you have. You would need to check with them to see if a Mk4 trunk would fit your exact kit. Then you would need to fabricate and/or weld the hinge attachment points to the chassis.

Maybe a better approach would be to use an aftermarket hidden trunk hinge setup with your existing parts, like this one from Breeze Automotive. http://www.breezeautomotive.com/deta...p?prod_id=588#.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Edward , yes , I was asking about the roadster kit . Thanks you for the information .
    Bob